𝟎𝟏𝟔. ponies and surprises

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃, 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐘, but whatever it was Iris wanted him to stop

𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃, 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐘, but whatever it was Iris wanted him to stop. He really needed to stop this, Iris was done with his shit and back then she would have done anything to help him get over this but right now all she wanted to do was to slap him. But here they were with him, and Percy wasn't helping. 

   "One on one," Percy challenged Luke "What are you afraid of?"

Luke curled his lip, the soldiers who were about to kill them hesitated, waiting for his order. Iris hoped they were dumb enough to not do anything. But before he could say anything, Agrius, the bear-man, burst onto the deck leading a flying horse. 

It was a pure-black Pegasus, with wings like a giant raven. The Pegasus mare bucked and whinnied. "Sir!" Agrius called, dodging a pegasus hoof. "Your steed is ready!"

Luke kept his eyes on Percy. "I told you last summer, Percy," he said. "You can't bait me into a fight."

   "Luke please." said Iris desperately. But her words went unnoticed except for one glance from both parties. 

   "And you keep avoiding one," Percy noticed turning back. "Scared your warriors will see you get whipped?"

Luke glanced at his men. "I'll kill you quickly," he decided, and raised his weapon. Luke whistled to one of his men, who threw him around leather-and-bronze shield. He grinned at Percy wickedly, almost maniacally. 

   "Luke," Annabeth said, her face full of betrayal, "at least give him a shield."

   "Sorry, Annabeth," he said. "You bring your own equipment to this party." 

Luke lunged and almost killing Percy on the first try. His sword went under his arm, slashing through Percy's shirt and grazing his ribs. Iris took in a breath. Percy jumped back, then counterattacked with Riptide, but Luke slammed his blade away with his shield.