March 19th, 1994

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Tapping her foot to the beat of the soft music, Iris stared into her wardrobe, every now and again muttering along to the song quietly, "Hungry eyes...."

Making a quick grab for an oversized shirt and black jeans as the song began fading out, Iris moved towards the radio, bending down to turn up the volume as the new song started. Smiling a bit as the new song started up, Iris made her way towards the newly free bathroom, "I love this one."

Sally paused in applying her mascara as she listened for a moment, reaching for the song's name, and when it came, she smiled. Going back to applying her mascara, "I live for that guitar riff."

Iris turned in the bathroom doorway, leaning against it dramatically, "And the scene in the movie," she fanned her face, letting out a sigh, before laughing to herself and finally closing herself in the bathroom.

Jane looked up from her braiding of Tracey's hair, "What is this song even called?"

Not even looking up as she moved to the guitar riff, Sally answered, "Love is Strange. This entire tape is just the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. I think Iris misses movies."

Said girl wasted no time in shouting out from behind the door, "Damn right I do!" She opened the door a second later, hurrying out as she threw her pajamas into her dirty laundry pile, "My only plan for summer is to sit on my ass and watch everything I own."

Tracey hummed as Jane placed the finishing touch on her hair, tying it with a yellow bow, "I wish my parents would let me watch that movie," rolling her eyes, she grumbled, "They think it is too inappropriate."

Iris stood before the mirror, attempting furiously to give her shirt the perfect tucked, untucked balance, "We can meet up over the summer, have a movie night. Valeria also needs to watch Karate Kid."

Sally nodded absently as she slipped on her combat boots, "My parents would be okay with everyone being over." She then turned her attention to Tracey, approaching the girl with narrowed eyes, "Now, more importantly, Tracey here still needs to make her decision."

Tracey cringed back as every pair of eyes in the room fell to her, "I think I am going to go with the dress."

A round of groans echoed through the room, followed quickly by hurried protests.

Gentle rationale from Jane. "But we paired the top with one of your red skirts and white vans to make it less formal."

Straightforwardness from Sally-Ann. "Tracey, the dress and tights are just so... boring."

And bitterness from Valeria, "You are the only one here tall enough to wear one of Iris's tops, and you turn it down?"

The only one to remain silent was Iris, still pulling just right at her shirt, the tucked, untucked balance slowly coming together. After a few more moments of loud protests from the rest of the room, she spoke up, "Okay, that's enough," the girls settled, "If Tracey is more comfortable in the dress, let it happen."

Valeria and Sally backed off, grumbling, returning to their own business. Jane shot Tracey a sorry smile, moving on to start at her own hair.

Finally satisfied with her shirt, Iris moved over to her bed, plopping down as her ever more blue eyes followed Tracey. Watched as she released a sigh, for to her knowledge, all attention was off of her. Watched as she moved over to her wardrobe, her eyes flickering over to the top Iris gave her. Watching as she made a grab for her dress and immediately turned to leave for the bathroom.

Tracey was only a step into her beeline for the bathroom when she was cut off. A question stopping her and every other girl in that room in their tracks.