𝓘 𝓑𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷 𝓐𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

𝒜 𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓈

Why?

After all these years.

Why now?

The letter sits still on the dirt, taunting me.

I can't think... take a step back.

I was always told to take a step back always by... shit what was I told to do?

Counting was too repetitive, so what was it? It had something to do with— senses!

Five senses!

Yes, of course. Hearing, sight, smell, touch and... and. Hearing, sight, smell, touch and... taste? Yes taste.

Taste. Uhh... well hardest first I suppose. What did I eat today? I think it was an apple, yeah an apple...I think one should be good enough for that one.

Hearing. I hear the wind rustling the trees. I hear the water of a nearby river. And... and the footsteps of... a deer? Yes a deer.

Touch. I feel the tree bark against my back. I feel the rock under my left leg... well not anymore but it counts. I also feel the... hmm. It's starting to sprinkle.

Smell. I smell the lotion I used for my hands today. Coconut I believe. I smell the smoke from the fireplace. I smell the oncoming storm.

And sight. Well all I see is that damned letter.

Of course he knew where I was, of course he knew. Of course that owl knew where to bring it. The owls always know. How do they always know?

Maybe this would be good.

They all deserve this.

I guess the least I could do for them is open it.

Yeah... wait, when did the rain pick up?

Shit.