January 2nd, 1994

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Iris passed by the rest of the Holiday just as she had begun it, in complete solitude. After the incident of the broom confiscation, Iris steered clear of the trio, finding that all of them were in the worst of moods. And so, the days flew by until the rest of the student body re-arrived.

Something Iris was all too excited for as she saw the carriages pouring in and rushed down to meet them.

Brushing her hands over one of the strange boney horse-like creatures that pulled the carriages, she searched the crowds of students heading towards the castle. She had just spotted a rather grumpy-looking boy and smirked when a voice from behind distracted her.

Eyes dragging from Theodore over to Cedric's boyish smile, she smiled back, giving him the okay to keep talking, "Have a good break?"

"Would have been better if I had someone to kiss under the mistletoe. Ronald and Harry are great, but..." she scrunched her nose, "both are hard passes for me."

Laughing, Cedric glanced over at his friends, who were all watching. Shifting himself to block her from them he turned the faintest bit serious, "Our family owl was busy sending gifts during the break... but I wanted to check in—"

Iris shook her head, "I don't want to talk about that." Realizing how... brass that came off, Iris attempted a smile to lighten the mood.

Cedric accepted it, taking a step away as he smiled back at her. His stupidly perfect teeth most certainly being back a rush of attraction on Iris' part. "Well then, we have an audience and your friends should be here soon... I wanted to also know where we were on a second date?"

Her smile grew the faintest bit more real, biting her bottom lip as she watched the golden boy before her grow almost nervous. She began to nod when an impressively loud shout interrupted, "Blackwell! Stop Flirting and get over here!"

Iris didn't even look back. Sally-Ann had a very distinctive shout.

Shooting Cedric one more smile, she began backing away, "We can talk details later. See you around Cedric."

Before he could catch himself, he waved bye to her already fleeting back, cringing as he turned back to his friends who most definitely saw that.

Approaching her roommates, Iris was pulled in by Sally-Ann, the girl interlocking their arms as she pulled Iris along. Valeria and Tracey on either side of the two. The group walked into the castle together. Sally-Ann filled in Iris on the plans for the night as they neared the dormitory.

"Jane and her family have not been on the best of terms since she started here at Hogwarts. And apparently, someone snitched to her parents about her hanging out with us."

Iris frowned, nodding as she took in the news, "The Yaxley's nightmare, I would guess. A muggle-born, two half-bloods, and a blood traitor."

Valeria scoffed, Sally, shooting her a look before continuing on, "Jane was out of it when we saw her on the train. Sat alone in a compartment. But she did agree to a girl's night. So we are all going to settle in and," she sent Valeria another look," calm down. Then we will enjoy the night as usual, no questions about her Holiday. She will talk if she wants to talk."

Iris nodded absently as they entered the bustling common room, chatter filling the room as everyone reconnected and talked excitedly about their holidays.

Scanning the room as she separated from Sally, Iris found who she had meant to approach earlier. Finding him already watching her from where he was trapped listening to the blond git Draco Malfoy, boasting about his grand party to a group of people had been at that party.