"Alright, I'm down," Evie said, "But if it sucks, you owe me a dinner."

They stop at a red light and Josh briefly turns to give her coy smirk, a playful glint in his eyes, "That's fine with me. But you're gonna lose." The light above turns green and Josh makes a turn as Evie settles down into the passenger seat. "So, are you completely vegan or do you just like the food?" she asked, "I've never explored it before."

"Yeah, I've been vegan for a while," Josh replied, "I spent so much time, barefoot outdoors as a kid just— connecting with the earth. It followed me into adulthood where I started meditation. And through that, it made me question so many things about myself and how animals for food consumption are treated. I don't force it upon anyone at all but I had to ask myself, how can I be an advocate of nature if I am also contributing to a system that abuses animals?" Evie nodded in agreement while she thought back to all the PETA videos she'd watched in middle school. "I went vegan for a hot second when I was like, 13?" She recalled thoughtfully, "Didn't last long because I wasn't exactly a very good cook at 13, my mom was poor so there weren't a lot of vegan options so... I broke after she made burgers one night."

There was a small chuckle from the other side of the cabin, "Is that so?" Josh joked playfully, "Well I can't guarantee I can turn you straight back into a vegan but, I am a pretty good cook. I might be able to convince you through my cooking."

A man who cooks? Sure it might be vegan food, but if he asked her to officially be his girlfriend, she wouldn't say no. How often did you meet a guy who enjoyed cooking? Not often. The car rocked just a bit as it went over a hump turning into this restaurant's tiny parking lot, with Josh quickly pulling into one of the parking spots. "Is that your way of inviting me over for dinner at your place?" Evie asked, a curious brow raised. Josh unbuckled his seatbelt and popped open his door, "Maybe?" He smirked, "Only if you'd be interested."

"Well, let's see if you can sell me on your vegan cuisine first. Then we'll see." Evie said, walking in through the door that Josh pulled open for her. The interior of the place was small. It had a high, exposed ceiling that let you see all the piping and ducts for the HVAC system. There were about eight tables spread around the floor, a small counter where you could order with a menu up on the wall above it. It smelled nice inside. Evie was actually a little shocked with how much it smelled like good, fresh southern cooking. Josh steps up to the counter ahead of her and is greeted by a girl with short, bright pink colored hair. "Hey, Josh!" She practically chirps the greeting, "Haven't seen you in like a week? I thought you would've been over here getting lunch. We've all been kinda worried about you."

Evie approaches, noting Josh looked a little embarrassed. "Gee Amber, you don't have to make it obvious I eat here that much," he chuckled nervously, "I've been busy working, unfortunately. You know how that nine-to-five is. But I got a break this week, so I'm taking my new lady friend out here to experience her first good vegan place." Josh motions to Evie who shyly walks up towards the counter to the smiling girl. "Ooo, Josh you didn't tell me you were out looking for a girlfriend," Amber teased, turning to look at Evie with a smile, "Don't let him fool you, he is a hard one to please. Especially when it comes to food."

Josh rolled his eyes, "Uh huh, you're just saying that."

"Same as usual Josh?" Amber asked, ignoring his comment while she typed everything down on the tablet in front of her. "Yeah, same thing. Anything catch your attention Evie?" Josh asked, cocking his head a bit. Evie looked back up at the menu as soon as he spoke, realizing she hadn't even decided on what to order. Though she felt a little rushed, Evie quickly decided on a vegan take of the Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich with a side of turnip greens. For drinks, Josh picked up two bottles out of the cooler below the register, a lemonade made with elderflowers before picking out a seat near the back. "Nashville chicken sandwich is really good," Josh commented, taking a seat across from his date and sliding a bottle over to her, "I always get the chicken and waffles with baked beans and mac n' cheese."