Chapter 14: Problems with Life

{ Jeremy }

Mike and I walked towards his house in the early morning breeze, having little meaningless chit-chats every now and then. They still meant a lot to me and brought a smile to my face.

Since it was still 6:00 in the morning the sun had just barely raised and looked more like a beginning sunset then a sunrise. The sky was tinted with a myriad of pinks, oranges and purples blending together. The sight made me want to sit down, take out my sketch pad and coloring pencils, and then doodle to my heart's content. Of course I wouldn't actually do that, that would be just plain old silly now wouldn't it?

Mike walked a bit ahead of me once we approached his house. I stopped in front of the steps that panned out to the platform in beneath the arch of the entryway, watching mike with curiosity. He swiftly unlocked the door then opened it. He stepped to the side and held the door open, looking at me with a devious grin plastered on his face.

"W-what are y-you doing Mike?" I ask with a hint of worry. Something bothered me about that grin.

"What do you mean? I just am being a gentleman for the lady~" I stepped up onto the little platform and crossed my arms, so he plays like that? I'm extremely tired and can barely think but I do not care, he will face my tad-bit-less-awesome comeback skills!

"Oh r-really now? Is this a come-on I-I hear?" Mike seemed to get a bit flustered by that statement first but calmed down.

"You're to much if a dork, your dweebiness is unrivaled and your obliviousness is way fucking beyond me,"

I was about to say something but Mike let go of the door and then right after, he pulled me in by roughly yanking my right arm. I fell into his chest and he stumbled back a bit whilst chuckling, gripping onto my arms. The door slammed closed from the wind and I give a small shriek from the startling sound and pushed closer into Mike's chest, gripping his shoulders.

I looked up to see Mike with the stupidest smile on his face, obviously trying to conceal laughter.

"W-what?!?" I said trying to glare at him without our noses touching.

He snorted "Your little squeak there? It was the cutest fucking noise I've ever heard. It sounded like a kitten, a baby and all of the cutest shit in the world got put into one little fucking noise. It was adorable as hell," That was not adorable! I was startled, that's all.

My face went aflame to the point I wanted to dump an ice bucket onto of my head.

I puffed out my flushed cheeks and tightened my grip on Mike's shoulders. This only caused Mike to laugh harder and have to move his hands from the side of my arms, to my waist and pull me in.

I blushed an even deeper red from the closeness, thinking to myself 'I'm probably blushing like an anime character' the thought made me giggle and I just decided to join Mike, might as well laugh with home than let him laugh at me.

After our little laughing session -at this point my blushing had calmed down- Mike let go me causing me to stumble back a bit from the sudden lack of support.

"Hey, dork. You do have clothes in your bag, right?" I looked at him with a surprised expression, it hadn't occurred to me about that.

" O-oh yeah! A-At least, I-I think so..." I unzipped the bag swung around my shoulders and rummaged around, various wrappers crinkling quite loudly.

Under a sketch pad, I found a ziplock bag with a green turtleneck and a pair of blue jeans.

I looked at Mike holding up my bag and nodding my head.