Chapter 10: Just one time

*******Jeremy's POV*******

I gave a content sigh into the tinted fall air as I took my leisurely stroll back to the apartment.I had the uneasy rhythm of Gumi's (IKNOWTHATVOCALOIDWASNTCREATEDIN2000JUSTROLLWITHIT) "Pandemic" song vibrating through my left ear with the right ear bud hanging loosely on my shoulder, I did that just in case I needed to hear something else.

        'Last night was, nice.' I thought to myself. 'Sure, they're a bit....... Scary at first but they understand me a lot better then most people do.' I smiled to myself matching my steps with the beat of the song and closed my eyes, not even realizing when I bumped into a person.

        I walked a bit like your character sometimes does when you accidentally hit the walls in Pokemon. I stopped, realizing I wasn't moving a single inch. I awkwardly backed away and looked up to see a familiar face.

        "Watch where you're going there, dweeb," The older man said. Ouch, that hurt. He really needs to check who he's talking to before he opens his mouth, if I was the president he would be good as dead.

        "Th-thanks for the-the self-esteem b-boost M-Mike," I retorted back snapping my face back up at the older male. Hey, I've had my fair share of snap talking.

        "Oh, hi Jeremy didn't see you there," Mike replied scratching the back of his head, or should I say beanie.

        "W-Well obviously," I was feeling a bit sassy tonight, I need to stop watching Inuyasha before work, Kagome and Inuyasha are getting to me.

        "Well aren't you a sassy munchkin today?"

        "Well aren't you a cocky bastard today?"

        "Says the one that always stutter yet is being sassy now,"

        "Says the 22 year old man working medium wage at a pizza place,"

        ". . ."

        "Well played my friend, well played," Mike said finally giving up. I mentally fist pumped and then remembered a certain question.

        "H-Hey, M-Mike? W-Why weren't you at F-Freddy's l-last night?" Man, trying to be gentle while having sassy Kagome screaming in your head is challenging.

        Mike's face -immediately fell. "I didn't um.... Feel up to working my shift at Fuckboys, I got a bit, um, angry, in the time before our shift and it got a bit.... Out of hand," Almost immediately, I could tell that it didn't get a bit out of hand.

        I opened my mouth to say something, snapping it shut knowing that wouldn't be wise. I no I hate it when I get pity, empathy, sympathy or anything around those lines. It's just awkward.

        I faked a smile. "O-Okay, I-I hope you f-feel b-better, a-and I really do m-mean it,"

        He smiled, genuinely, which made my smile turn from plastic, to flesh. "Thanks dork," he took of my cap, ruffled up my hair, put the cap back one, and walked a bit past me.

        I tried to turn around to say goodbye but he took my shoulders, keeping my feet planted on the floor, and took of my bandages. I immediately fixed my bangs to cover my eyes and then he turned me around. He messed with my bangs and then with the swiftness of a cheetah, he span around and walked away. He gave a quick wave of his hand, and just like that, he was gone.

        Turning on my heel, I took in a big whiff of the air. I was confident that today, for once, was going to be good.

                        *******Time skip, brought to you by a sleep deprived writer!*******

                                                ************TRIGGER WARNING************

        I opened the door to see no mom to greet me. But a drunk woman that just happened to look a lot like me.

        "Oh Jereeeee, why *hic* weren't yyyyuouuu at hommmmmme,"  She slurred, I could already feel tears forming. But I wasn't sad, far from it. I was angry.

        "Oh you know, doing work instead of being a drunk sitting at home," At this point, my heart was racing and my lugs were starting to hurt from the amount of anger and tears inside me. My whole face was aflame because of the sheer disappointment of this, this, woman.  

        "WHATTTT *hic*  DID YOU SAY TO ME YOU LITTTTLE *hic* SHIT?!?" She came up and punched me in the face which I responded by pushing her away from me. 

        "You know damn well what I said," I wiped away the blood slowly trickling from my mouth as I stepped backwards. She was cornerning me like a predator zoning in on its prey.

        I finally hit something and turned around to see my dad's old work desk. I turned back to see my mom smirking picking up a beer bottle.

        "Got you know *hic* mother fucker," She came racing towards me and then suddenly, the room was hued with a magenta tint and everything slowed. I heard something whisper in my head, only for a second  'The batteries dear~'  

        Everything went racing back and I realized that the batteries were just within in grasp on the metal desk. I barely grabbed at the batteries. I wasn't the best at throwing but I had to give it shot. 

        I closed my tear filled eyes letting the coldness envelop my eyes and chucked one of the batteries at her.

One missed, two left.

        In a flash, another one was thrown.

Two missed, one left

        I took in a wiff of the alchol reeking air, just as I had before when I thought today was going to be nice.  Slowly breathing out the last battery left my hand. I saw a flash of magenta in my peripheral vision. 

Two missed, zero left, one hit.

        I watched as my mom fell to the ground holding her stomach, I took this chance to bolt to my room and slam the door shut.

        Tears of relief and sorrow started streaming dwn my face and my lungs AND face were not hurting. I fled to my bathroom, making sure to lock the door. I threw open the glass cabinet and pushed aside a couple of bottles to reveal a shiny razor. 

        I pulled up my sleeve an pressed the blade against my skin feeling a mixture of coldness from the blade and warmness from the blood I was watching flow. Thats right, I deserve this, I'm so much of a failure, no wonder I have no friends, I fuck up everything. My whole life is a failure, why am I alive.

        Tears fell down on my arm mixing in with my blood and I watched them slowly tricle down my arm joining the puddle of blood and tears on the floor.

        'Just, one time, can anything go right?'

(Hello my pixens, its vulpix here! Sooooooo sorry? I INCLUDED A LITTLE JEREMIKE AT THE BEGINING. There isn't much to say, but I would like to know what your thoughts are so please comment! Thats it for now and vulpix is pixeling out!)