Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

I'm about to lean in and kiss him myself, but he suddenly moves his hands to the backs of my thighs and lifts me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. I let out a squeak of surprise, clinging onto him. He leaves a few kisses on my temple.

"I'll never get tired of that."He mumbles against my skin, his hot breath fanning over my face. "You're too fucking adorable."

"You're a jerk."I mutter out, my breath uneven. I place a kiss on his jaw.

He just smirks down at me before pressing me up against the wall. He smiles as he crashes his lips onto mine, biting at my lower lip.

"I'd never be a jerk to my girl."He whispers in between kisses. "She deserves more than that."

"Tyler..."I smile at him when he looks up at me. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I love you."He smiles widely, pecking me on the lips again. He then kisses my forehead.

"Thank you."I tell him quietly.

"For what?"He gives me a confused look.

"For loving me when I couldn't love myself."I place a hand on the side of his neck and press my lips against his for a few moments before he pulls away.

"Now I really don't want to leave."He mumbles. "All I want to do is hold you and attack you with kisses..."

"Hey, you've got work and there's no way we'll leave this house with the car packed while I'm awake if I don't start now."I laugh. "You know I'm an old lady when it comes to the time I fall asleep at night. I'll be out before ten, Ty. You'd end up having to carry me to and from the car and-"

"I think that it's pretty obvious that I like carrying you."He chuckles at me before going into kiss me again, but I pull away.

"You have work."I peck him on the lips. "I'll see you when you get home, okay?"

"Baby..."He juts his lower lip out, pouting slightly. I let out a laugh and kiss him again. He moves his hands from the back of my thighs to my butt. "I just want to stay home with you."

"You have to go to work."I reply. "With everything that has happened lately, especially with the murders, you need to go."

"Sometimes I wish I didn't have an Alpha position."He sighs. "It takes me away from you and someday, it's going to take me away from our kids..."

"Don't think about it like that."I shake my head. "So many people look up to you, the pack knows that they're in good hands. And when that someday comes, our kids are going to look up to you, too. Okay? So set me down and get your ass down stairs."

"You're cute when you're bossy."He lets out a chuckle, kissing my nose before setting me down gently.

♡♡♡

After Tyler left, I changed into a pair of light wash jeans, a white t-shirt, and a flannel. I start in the kitchen, there were only three boxes but I couldn't lift the big one. I literally had to push it, sliding on the floor.

The boxes in my room were all really light so I could bring them all to the truck. It's already getting kind of full and I haven't even gotten the boxes from Tyler's room.

I walk back to the kitchen, checking the time to see that it's almost four and grabbing an apple out of the fridge when Aleks calls me.

"Hey."I answer into the phone.

"Hey, kiddo."He replies. "I'm just checking up on you. Are you doing okay?"