Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"No more being scared of me?"He raises his eyes brows at me, his tone hopeful.

"No more."I shake my head. "Just... just please don't repeat history."

"I promise, Carter."

I give him a small smile, leaning forward and pecking him on the cheek. "We can talk again sometime, but for now, can I have Tyler back?"

I pull back and see the black eyes lighten to that beautiful shade of green. After letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, I lean forward and wrap my arms around his neck. Relief floods over me. Ben, he's not as bad as he was when he lost control. It'll take time, but that doesn't mean it's a lost cause.

"Good girl."Tyler holds me close, running his fingers through my hair. "I'm proud of you. I know that wasn't in your comfort zone, but I'm proud that you did it."

I just snuggle into his shirt. This makes me happy. It's just the two of us. There's no complications or conflicts. It's just us.

"Thanks for making me do it."I say back, pulling away and standing up.

"Are we okay?"He stands, too. He grabs my wrist to turn me around.

"We're okay."I reply, giving him a small smile. "I think I just need a little down time just to calm myself after everything that has happened."

"Alright."He returns the smile and kisses the top of my head. "I've got to go down stairs for most of the day. I'll see you later tonight, okay?"

"Yeah."

He leans down and tips my chin up, pressing his lips to mine. I place my hands on his chest, pulling away slightly, before standing on my tip toes and kissing his cheek.

"When I get back tonight I'm going to load as many boxes as I can in the truck. We're going to go back to the house."He tells me. "We still have to move in."

"Let me pack up the truck."I say.

"No."Tyler shakes his head. "I don't want you lifting all those boxes. I'm going to do it."

"Please?"I wrap my arms around his neck. "I need the distraction. I'm just going to sit up here and start over thinking things. Plus I'll need the exercise."

"I don't know, sweetheart-"

I cut him off my pecking him on the lips. "Please?"

"Carter..."He sighs. "You really don't need to do anything."

"I want to."I reply. "I'll leave the really heavy boxes for you."

"I can't say no to those puppy dog eyes."He lets out a breath and rests his forehead against mine. "Those eyes of yours are going to be the death of me, you know?"

"I'll keep that in mind."I giggle a bit.

"So is that giggle."He leans in a presses his lips to mine. A short but passionate kind of kiss.

"You have to go to work."I tell him.

"I really don't want to."Tyler replies, going to kiss me again but pulls back and attacks my neck instead.

"Tyler..."I melt into his neck kisses. Honestly, I think neck kisses are my weakness.

My hands entangle in his hair and I turn my head to the side to give him better access. He nips at my skin, gently biting here and there. He places kisses all the way down the my shoulder, then up to the place just under my ear, and then back down again. Next he moves to my jawline and then the corners of my mouth, pulling just enough away where our lips aren't quite touching. He stays there smirking at me, noticing how badly I want him to crash his lips onto mine.