24.

all my fault, don't blame yourself

tw:: mentions of sh

total words 1731

total words❢ 1731

SCARA POV

i cautiously slipped out of y/n's bed and made my way to mine.

she was now sound asleep.

i know exactly what her dream was about. me blaming something on her? i would never do that.

but the fault was not on her, yet on me.

though i tried not to think about what caused that dream, it kept lurking in my thoughts.

the day she saw me break down in front of her. the day she saw my weak side.

a rare sight, that only she was capable of seeing. not even xiao, who only heard me weep. but never saw.

the thoughts were eating up my mind, but all disappeared when i heard a sound come from y/n.

soft snores came from the other side of the room signifying she was in a deep sleep now.

i loved seeing her peaceful expression whenever she was asleep. i saw it all the time, but it never fails to warm my heart.

my heart?

its almost as if i don't have one, so how do i have the capability to feel anything for anyone.

that's how it's been my entire life.

manipulated into thinking i was some worthless, heartless being...

the day i confessed my feelings to her felt like the most joyous day of my entire life,

but ei had to ruin it somehow.

opening the door, i immediately kicked off my shoes and ran up to my room as quick as i could.

my parents were in the other room, talking about something that i didn't care about.

i swung my door open and saw nahida carrying a pile of my clothes.

"what. are. you. doing." i mumbled, staring in disbelief at my now tidy room.

i wasn't used to it at all. i liked the way things were when they were more messy, it made me feel comfortable. even though there were heaps of clothes on the floor. even though papers of studying and school work were scattering around my room.