20.

"it's time. we should go meet back with the others. unless you want to miss the flight." scaramouche suggested after we ate our food and left the restaurant

of course we paid. he was kind enough to pay for the entire meal.

even though i offered to pay for my side.

"let me pay for my side. it's fair that way. and i don't want you wasting any extra money on me," i pleaded, but he gave me look that suggested he wasn't gonna listen.

"on me. don't you want more money for lantern rite? exactly, dumbass." he insisted.

"so stubborn. okay mr. moody, whatever you say."

"i know, and that woman had the audacity to call me a.." faruzan was gossiping with signora and childe, mean while hu tao was trying to get zhongli to give her a piggy back, which was a no.

"what? honeyy, you should've never been friends with that manipulator." signora replied, faruzan nodded.

"pleaaaase. i'm so so so tired. i'll pay you." hu tao begged, zhongli looked interested as soon as she mentioned money.

"hmm. how much money are we discussing about?"

"a lot."

"hop on."

"guitars are more advanced and are more pleasing, if i'm being honest." xiao said, proud with his answer.

"flutes on top." replied venti, "actually, i used to be such a good flute player. i'm more of a lyre person now."

"for me, it's just the gentle breeze that makes a good song." kazuha smiled, his gentle voice soothed the conversation.

i felt scara's grip on my hand tighten as we reached the gate, "hm? are you okay?"

"uh.. yeah." he assured me everything was fine but i didn't believe it.

he looked so tense.

perhaps he was just worried we were gonna be late to the flight or something as the line to enter the plane had almost finished.

"passport please." the flight attendant asked. we were all let through, and got seats at the middle of the plane.

i got the window seat, next to me was scaramouche, and next to him was childe.

"awww, look at youuuu, sitting next to your one and only." childe cooed, while scaramouche looked like he was about to punch him.

"woah! calm down comrade, don't start a fight." childe chuckled nervously, putting on his seat belt.

the pilot began to speak on the radio.

thank you for flying with teyvat airlines, we appreciate you're decision with trusting us with your journey. this flight is to liyue, just in time for lantern rite, flight time is estimated to around three hours. if you have any concerns or problems, notify a nearby cabin crew member. again, thanks for choosing us, have a good flight.

just a few minutes after the announcement, the plane started moving towards the runway.

i watched scaramouche's face as he grabbed my hand.

i noticed his legs were shaking a bit.

"okay, seriously idiot, are you okay?"

"yeah! i'm fine! stop worrying."

"you're literally shaking and grabbing into my hand."

"it's okay..."

"are you scared of flying? is that what's going on here, moody?"

he stayed silent, a humiliated look on his face.

"you are, aren't you?"

"shut up." he sighed.

"it's okay. you can hold my hand and close your eyes. i promise, you'll be safe and nothing is going to happen." i reassured.

his hand tightened even more as the plane started making noises on the runway.

soon enough, it started speeding down the runway.

scaramouche clinged onto me unexpectedly, and tensed up.

then, the plane lifted off the ground and we sailed upwards.

he opened his eyes slowly, "oh. it's over."

"see? we're okay. you know, you don't have to hide your feelings from me. i won't judge you, silly." i said as i gave him a peck on the cheek.

"okay... but i'm never going on a flight again. they're so unnecessary."

"do you prefer boat, then?"

he shivered at my statement, "eugh.. no way. i get sea sick."

"same. see, there's no reason to hide what you're scared of. you're not invincible, i can tell you that."

"okay..."

i suddenly heard hu tao burst out laughing, "BAHAHA. look at zhongli!!"

everyone glared at zhongli who appeared to be asleep with a unicorn sleep mask on.

"i gave him that." venti grinned.

"what the fuck?" xiao seemed to be in shock

"what the fuck?" xiao seemed to be in shock. "why. how. when. what."

"is he living in 2015?" signora laughed alongside hu tao, both of them dying of laughter.

this was going to be a long flight..

a.n.
hiii so basically i created a new book which is xiao x female reader called "artiste" and it has two parts uploaded by the time of making this.

please check it out, i'd appriciate it a lot. 🫶