Forever&Always (part 18)

(Zayns POV )

liam was being foolish . Danny couldn't just "move" she has a family, friends and she probably wants a job, she clearly would have no reason to just leave.

the thoughts were tugging my mind as I replayed liams words over in my head. It would be nice though, I'd enjoy danny living with me, she makes me happy, her soft giggles when I tell her horrible jokes, or the way she smiles when she's deep in thought. it all gave me reasons to be happy.

"no, she can't.." I shook my head . I could still feel liams eyes staring me down. He knew very well that all I wanted was for danny to stay with me. But it wouldn't just happen. It couldnt.

"she probably isn't ready for that" I tried to imagine how she would feel if I brought this topic up. It was strange, I couldn't explain my love for her, it was different. She knew if I was upset even if I was smiling, The way her eyes met mine when I was too shy to even look at her. it all made me , kinda, greatful.. which was something I hadn't felt in a long time.

liam shrugged, and walked away. He had that look on his face like he wanted me to figure it out by myself.

In a way, it was rude. But part of me said that I would need to take care of it on my own. I got up and left.

(Danny's POV )

I woke up, my ankle was a literal pain in the ass. The constant throbbing caused me to wince . It was only 6:36 pm, I had been napping for hours. I wiped my eyelids and smacked my head back to my pillow again. My chest rose and fell as I breathed heavily. I wished I would've at least went a little slower down those stupid stairs. I shook my head and turned to my side. I smiled when my eyes caught Zayns , the poster was crooked, it began to drive me insane the more I looked at it.

(Zayns POV )

I walked up the porch, I fixed my jacket and ran my hand through my hair. I raised my hand to knock , but it opened before my knuckles could meet the cold metal.

"Zayn" Danny's mom slipped a small smile to her face and let me in.

"She's upstairs hun" I nodded and made my way to the steps. Laughing, I slowly walked up.

I peered in her room, she didn't notice me, she was staring goofily at her wall. I chuckled but interrupted her gaze.

"Zayn" Her voice was soft and calm, she was hurting. I walked up to her and sat on the edge of the bed . Her hair was tied in a lazy bun, her eyes were red and the blankets huddled her , But one thing caught my attention. Her left foot was sticking out , it was wrapped in bandages. I frowned and kissed her forehead softly, causing her to smile sheepishly.

"how's your foot?"

"good I guess" she shrugged. I wanted to ask her about the whole moving idea. But it was stupid, how could I ask her that? I felt strange every time I thought about it. But the more I did, it made me realize how much I wanted her with me, so that I could hold her and protect.

"you love me right?" I wanted to hit myself with a brick, what kind of question was that.

"Yes..? More than anything" she replied , her face was filled with confusion , her eyelids rapidly blinked and her lashes kissed her cheeks.

"Live with me" I spat it out. I didn't even ask, I just wanted to get to the point . I took her hands in mine and watched her face go from confusing to a wide smile.

"Zayn..." she exhaled

"I know, dumb question. sorry." I shook it off. I knew she'd react like this.

"No, Zayn, I know its bothering you"

"what is" I looked back her. she adjusted her foot so that she could face me properly.

"You know you have to leave, and I'd be here. alone" she looked at me, but distance was longing in her eyes.

"Yes, but you can stay with me, I promise, it would be perfec-" I loud bang came from down stairs. our eyes locked and danny shouted

"mom!?" there was no reply. my heart was pounding, almost no pause between each beat.

"Zayn , we need to get downstairs!" I got up, and lifted danny, we left her crutches behind and I held her as we rushed downstairs. screaming. All danny did was scream. ear splitting . Her mother was on the ground, blood pouring from her chest. She had been shot.

I couldn't do this. This became too much. I sat danny on the floor and rushed to dial 911.

(Danny's POV )

tears left trails down my face and fell to the ground, I crawled towards my mother , screaming at Zayn and telling him to hurry. My hands held her shocked face. Why. Why again. My eyes looked from her right eye to her left.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I moved strands from her face. I closed my eyes and tears fell quicker. I imagined happy things , holding on to my mothers hand. I only thought of pleasant memories, memories I had left of her, And once again. I was alone.