32

guilty
Harry Styles

As the boys and I pretty much go through our entire album and a few singles, I watched as Skye grows more and more anxious. Usually I can get a good guess on what is going on in her head, but I really don't even have a wild guess. My head is pounding so hard, I can feel it in my neck.

She's sat on the couch staring off as her brother sits on his phone. She looks as though she is ready to curl in a ball. I'm not sure what anyone has said to her. It's not like she'd tell me either. Maybe it's what happened in the green room, that's my best guess. But there's no way anyone knows anything. Sometimes her anxiety is irrational though. I keep my eye on her as everyone starts cleaning up.

Louis lights up a pre-rolled joint he'd had in his pocket and hands it over to me between his two fingers, as if he knows today has already been far too long without anything in my system. I take it between my two lips and take a hit. "thanks" I say deeply before handing it back over to him. Hangovers usually aren't this bad, mostly because I usually don't come down. I turn to see Adam whispering something to Skye, she looks as though she gets angry, she rolls her eyes before getting up and waiting by the door for Kenzie to join her.

The boys begin filing out of the recording booth and I try to contain myself and not immediately walk over and ask what's going on. I'm not sure why I want to know so badly either.

Liam gets a call, I wait by idly trying to see if he gives any indication in his reactions of what the call is about.

"mmhmm, Yeah." He repeats. "Alright, sure." Everyone is waiting silently to see what he says by the time he hangs up the phone.

"Where we headed to?" Niall asks. He walks over to Kenzie and stays close to her. I've noticed they try to stick together a lot of the time.

"Paul wants us back at the house." Liam says. He sounds exhausted as he says it, who wouldn't be at this point. Louis looks at him a little confused. I peak up at Adam who was sitting on his phone, now he looks like he's intently listening on the conversation.

I do a little head nod to the door, trying to signal we should probably talk about it outside. Louis catches on right away.

"Adam and I are going back to my apartment, we'll catch up with you guys." I give her a wide eyed look. There's no way she won't have a huge target on her back the minute we leave her.

"we'll have a guard with us, of course." As if that went so well last time. She continues reading each of my reactions to her trying to convince me.

"I'll stay with you two." I volunteer myself. Skye's eyes widen and she looks like she's ready to slap me, as if that's what's going to give it all away.

Totally not that I ate her out down the hallway.

Usually when we're all called to the house, it's a problem, and when they say they want all of us, they mean they want all of us there. I'm not too afraid of the repercussions though, it's nothing I haven't faced before.

"It's decided." I say looking down at her, clenching my jaw.

She looks up to me with those dark doe eyes. They're glossy and I can see all the pain behind them. I push past her, opening the door and walking out. Everyone follows, I can tell by the smell of Louis's weed that's circulating the air around us.

I stay silent listening to the sound of our footsteps down the hall, passing the room Skylar and I just hooked up in an hour ago. I can hear Kenzie muttering something but I keep going to the elevator where we all pile in. We're all dead silent and Adam keeps looking at me up and down. As if I did something to him, or as if he's trying to figure out whether or not he should pounce on me or something. His body language is leaning towards the former.