"You're good at this, you know that? You saved my vampire life. Now you're saving hers," she said as the three began to walk away from school. "You should write a book. Go on the view."

"People would pay good money for a vampire life coach," Beth pointed out.

"Hm," Stefan said as he chuckled at the two girls.

~~~

"I promise, I'll just pick up the application from Carol and get out of your way," Beth said as they approached the Lockwood Mansion.

"What's the application for again?"

"I told you there's an internship available at the mayor's office. It looks good on a college application, so I figured why not try. I'm surprised you're not going to."

"I really wouldn't want to spend my free time with my boyfriend's mom," she laughed as she knocked on the door.

"Fair enough," she nodded as Tyler swung the door open.

"I ditched Rebekah's ditching party," Caroline smiled as she draped her arms around the hybrid and planted a kiss on his lips.

"What's with all of that?" Beth questioned as she turned to look at the guards behind Tyler.

Caroline's face fell as she noticed the group and said, "Yeah, what's with all the testosterone?"

"Hybrids. I'm on house arrest," he sighed.

"Well, I just came to pick up an application from your mom."

"She's not here, but she said you'd be coming by. It's right upstairs outside the study."

Beth nodded and went past the couple and the hybrids stationed by the door. She hurried up the stairs where she saw a stack of paper atop an end table. As she gathered the documents, she was unaware of the person stepping out from the study.

"Beth, how lovely to see you," she heard a familiar voice say. She shifted her gaze up away from the application and was met with a pair of blue eyes.

"Klaus," she sighed, and a small smile appeared on his face.

"You don't look happy to see me," he teased.

"You said you were leaving town. I wasn't expecting to see you for a while. I guess I should have known by the security detail downstairs."

"What are you doing here? I don't suppose you've moved on to Tyler? You're much too good for him."

"You want to chat about my love life?" She raised a brow before she continued, "If I were to move on, it wouldn't be to my best friend's boyfriend."

"Of course not."

"Okay, well, this has been... something," she trailed off before grabbing her application and hurrying away from the hybrid.

"Could you not have given me a warning Klaus was here?" Beth questioned as she smaked Tyler's back with her application.

"Sorry, I was distracted. Caroline had to go. She said you guys came in separate cars?"