6

Sage smiled brightly when they reached the village. Gideon stood behind Sage as they got off the bus. He was surprised to see the bus stop. The last time he came to Lacock was with his sister and cousins. Liara drove her car and it wasn't that special.

He enjoyed the train ride and the bus ride. "Come on, granny and pop might be waiting for us."

"Us? Did they know that you were bringing a friend?" Gideon questioned, holding onto the bag strap.

"Yeah, I informed my ma when she called me a while ago."

It took them fifteen minutes by walk. Gideon stopped before the house and looked at the place in awe. The house isn't a big one, it is a medium-sized house with a cute little gate. "Come on."

Gideon followed Sage. Sage rang the traditional bell and waited for someone to open the doors. They heard footsteps before the door was opened by Thomasina. Sage's maternal grandma.

"Granny!" Sage left her bag and hugged Thommy.

"My sweet pie, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." Sage inhaled the coffee smell and signed peacefully in her granny's arms. Gideon watched them silently. They pulled away from the hug and Thommy's gaze fell on Gideon.

"Granny, meet Gideon. My friend," Sage introduced.

"Nice to meet you-"

"Thomasina, you can call me Thommy, sweetie." Gideon was surprised when Thommy gave him a warm hug. She smelled of coffee beans and it was comforting.

"A friend of Sage's is a friend of this house," Thommy said, pulling away from the hug. "Come inside."

Gideon and Sage stepped inside the house. "Please, change your shoes here."

"Thank you," Gideon said, removing his shoes and putting on the white slippers.

"Sage will help you show you the guest room. Fresh up and come down for lunch. After lunch, I will give you a house tour," Thommy said.

"Okay." Gideon followed Sage, looking at the house. They went upstairs, towards the left hallway.

Sage opened the door and they stepped into a medium-sized room which looked cosy. "This is your room and everything's in the bathroom and towels are in the wardrobe."

Gideon circled, observing the room. He loves the interior and the traditional look the room has. "Where's your room?"

"Beside yours."

*

The lunch was served, Gideon sat beside Sage. Gideon enjoyed the chicken bone broth with warm bread and the cherry tomato spaghetti Thommy had prepared.

"Hope you are enjoying your lunch, honey," Thommy said.

"I'm, It's wonderful," Gideon said and Thommy smiled.

"Last time Aria, Rhett, Nash and Indigo came here for vacation. It was pure chaos, but I loved their company. Do you know them?"

"Yes, I know them."

"I never heard of you from Sage," Thommy said with a bit of curiosity. Sage and Gideon understood the curiosity.

Gideon chuckled, "We are in different sections, ma'am. We didn't start our friendship on a good note." Gideon looked at Sage.

"Perhaps, that might be the reason you have not heard of me." Thommy nodded her head.

"My plans for the day got cancelled and Sage, being the best human, asked to join me." Thommy laughed, nodding her head.