one

The strong smell of caffeine filled the space. The girl trying to polish her shoes frowned on her brows when she realized the left shoe wasn't the same as the right shoe. "Shit!" she cursed away under her breath, throwing the shoe and getting off the plastic stool.

She rushed into the house and up the stairs to get the right one. She had twenty minutes before her dad would come to pick her up for school. Her first day as a senior and she hadn't got ready yet. "Where is it?! Where the fuck is it?!"

She searched through the boxes underneath her bed. She has not cleaned up her closet and arranged it with the new stuff she bought last night. "Jesus." She found the shoe and rushed down.

After polishing the shoes, she wandered inside to wash her hands and have breakfast. There was a post-it stuck on the kitchen island beside her breakfast plate.

"Happy senior year, my baby!

Mumma loves you and misses you so much!"

"A smile broke on her face looking at her dad's handwriting. She shook her head, knowing too well, her mum must've told her dad to leave a post-it in the morning. She had received a handwritten letter last week from her mum. She got emotional and missed her mum. But she knew she would be meeting her mum soon.

Both of her parents are in the Marines. Her mother is a marine doctor posted in some confidential place while her father is on leave. She started eating her scrambled eggs when her grandma walked in. "Honey, can you please remove this pin code? That stupid thing doesn't work at times."

"Sure, gram gram." She took the iPad from her grandma and went to the settings.

"Where's your dad? Wasn't he going to drop you at school?"

"Dad went to hand over the fruit basket to Mr Ford. He will be back in five minutes."

"Tsk."

"Here, all done." She handed the iPad to her grandma. "Which series are you watching now?" She sipped her coffee.

"Oh, I'm watching the Spanish series Elite."

An amused chuckle left her mouth. "Elite?"

"Yeah, I need to know what kind of things and gossip goes on in your private schools." Grandma sassed and shared a laugh with her granddaughter. "We used to go to an all-girls school and to public colleges, but now..."

"Yeah... Yeah... That's the reason you got knocked by Grandpa when you were eighteen, right?"

"Tsk... Tsk..."

"What do I say? Your grandpa didn't like the concept of condoms from the very beginning."

"Aria!" They both turned their heads when they heard Olson's voice. Olson walked in holding a freshly baked muffin box.

"Oh, hey mum. Good morning," Olson greeted.

"Good morning, are they for me?" Georgia questioned, looking at the muffins.

"Yes." Olson placed one box on the island and handed the other to Aria.

"Thank you, dad."

"Are you ready for school, darling?" Olson asked, taking a seat beside Georgia on the high stool.

"Yes, five minutes."

"Sure, finish your breakfast, no hurry." Then Olson turned to his mother. "Why didn't you go for the morning walk?"

"I was having a migraine."

"Oh? Then why are you playing the episode on your iPad?" Georgia rolled her lips into her mouth, keeping the iPad on the island.