Barrett and Jaina struggle through the front door with all of the decorations, "a little help would be nice." Barrett shouts through the house.

I run towards them from the kitchen and help with the remaining bags, placing them all in the front room.

The three of us stand there and stare at everything we have which is a lot, I take in a deep breath, "B? isn't this a bit too much?"

Barrett starts unloading the balloons, "I was planning on doing this in an actual venue where a lot of decorations is the perfect amount so no it isn't too much."

Jaina grabs the bag filled with paper plates and cups, "so as soon as we get this house in order, we get ready and make sure you look hot Dani, then everyone arrives but we all hide in the yard so when Stef arrives it's as if it's just the two of you right?"

A few hours pass and by some miracle, this house is looking incredible and everyone who could make it with short notice is here. Black, white and gold theme. Matching balloons floating everywhere. Confetti scattered about. Party streamers hanging from the ceiling. Champagne bottles ready to be popped. Lights dimmed. Friends looking gorgeous and hiding in the yard like planned. All that's left is to wait for Stefania's arrival which is feeling like forever.

I'm about to turn and ask Barrett if she thinks Stef will arrive when I hear keys in the front door. Everyone shushes each other in the yard which makes me smile and try not to laugh.

"Danielle?" the beautiful sound of my wife. Stef closes the door behind her and takes a step into the front room when she sees me standing underneath one of the dimmed lights. The smile on her face makes my stomach flutter, "what are you doing?"

I take a deep breath, "there are things in this world that don't make sense. The world is so strange and so unforgiving sometimes. There are stories that have been long forgotten. There are people that will never find their person. There are people that will never find their soulmate. There are people that believe in love and some that don't understand it. There are people that find comfort in things that others find obsessive or weird. But as long as you know who you are then who cares? As long as you know what's good for you and what isn't then that's all that matters." My eyes fill up with tears but I swallow the lump in my throat because I know I need to do this. I see tears falling onto Stef's cheeks but I need to carry on before I run over to catch those tears. "All I know is that when I'm with you, the world makes sense. I know our story will be told for a long time. I know I have found my person and my soulmate all in one. I find my comfort in you and knowing that I am fortunate to have you for the rest of my life, however long that may be, even if I'm a pain in the ass sometimes. I am my best self when you're around. And you are what's good for me. I was one of those people that didn't believe that love actually existed, that was until I met you." I hold out my hand to Stef, she walks towards me sniffling as she takes ahold of me whilst rubbing her thumb over my hand. "The love I have for you is unconditional. I will never stop loving you. I will always listen to you. I will never put anyone else before you. I've been trying so hard recently to distract myself from work that I didn't see how much you were hurting. I'm sorry I haven't been your person. I'm sorry that I let you down. I promise you, I will love you for the rest of my life. I promise to hold you up when you are down. I promise to hold your heart together in my hands because it's safe there. My life is complete because you chose me. I love you so much that sometimes my heart feels like it's going to explode. Like when you smile at me because I say something that you take as sexual and I can't help but laugh because I know exactly what you're thinking. When you brush your thumb over my hand because you know I need the comfort of your touch. When we are in a room filled with people but you always find me. When either of us gets upset, the only person we want to see and talk to is each other. You are my love. You are my life. You are everything in between. You are my forever Stefania."

Stef removes her hand that is so tightly gripped onto mine and places both hands either side of my face, she leans her forehead on mine and whispers, "you are my forever too Danielle."

I wrap my arms around her small waist. I tilt my head up and gently place my lips to hers. The room stops spinning. The world goes silent. My pulse stops racing. I feel at home again with her in my arms.

We are pulled out of our bliss by everyone running into the kitchen and yelling "SURPRISE!"

Barrett is heard clearly through it all, "ok wow, I think we get it guys."

Stef laughs as she pulls away from me and looks from everyone else back to me, "what is all of this?"

I smile so widely, "you were right, Barrett was planning an anniversary party but I brought it forward just so we can have this moment."

Stef lets go of me and walks towards Barrett, "thank you." Stef pulls Barrett into a warm embrace then turns back to me, "this doesn't mean you don't have work to do to make up for what happened."

I nod in agreement but grab a bottle of champagne and pop it open to a crowd full of cheers.

Jaina shouts, "let's get this party started!"