Chapter 39

Stefania POV

The flight home was really awkward. I haven't spoken to Danielle about what happened last night. I stormed out for a reason and it's a very valid reason. I just don't want to speak about it yet. I just want to get home to Jeff and officially move into Danielle's house if she still wants that.

Barrett is picking us up from the airport. We walk through arrivals not saying a word to each other. Barrett was smiling so much until she saw us, "what's happened?"

Danielle looked at me, "ask her."

"I'm not getting into this in the airport Danielle." I walked ahead of them to Barrett's car knowing they are talking about me.

We get to Barrett's car. As soon as we sit in it, Barrett turns to us "ok you two sort this out right now."

"I don't even know what I've done Barrett," Danielle turns around to face me, "Stef, what did I do? You haven't spoken to me all day."

"I don't want to talk about it Danielle." I snapped slightly at her.

Danielle throws her arms in the air and huffs as she turns back around. Barrett took the hint and started driving. Danielle is telling her all about the trip and our bump in with Andrew. "Barrett, you should have seen Stefania's face. It was hilarious."

"Stef, did the jealous Italian come out?" Barrett looks in the rear view mirror at me.

I chuckled a bit, "shouldn't have assumed it was ok to approach us then should he?"

"Stefania, you were so passive aggressive. Honestly, if looks could kill." Danielle turns to me laughing. How can I stay mad at someone when something as simple as their laugh makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.

We arrive back at Danielle's house and Barrett helps us to the door with our luggage. We say our goodbyes and thank her for picking us up. As we go inside, Danielle shuts the door and pulls me backwards towards her. I can't look her in the eyes. "Stefania, talk to me."

I finally look into those beautiful ocean blue eyes and instantly start crying at the pain in them. Pain I have caused. Pain I never wanted to make her feel. "You were talking in your sleep Danielle." I walked over to the couch and slumped down, leaning back and putting my hands over my face in anger.

I feel the seat to the left of me go down where Danielle has sat, "what happened?" her hand rests on my thigh.

I sit back up and look at her hand on my leg, calming myself down and stopping the tears. I intertwine our fingers and play with her ring. "It was just a dream Danielle it's nothing."

Dani shuffles towards me slightly, "what did I say Stef? It's not nothing if it has made you this angry at me."

"Can I ask you a question?" I slowly lift my head to look in her eyes once more.

"You can ask me anything." She puts her right arm on the back of the couch behind me.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "do you still want to marry me?"

Danielle's facial expression turned from worry to shock, "what has made you say that Stef? Of course I do. I want my life to be spent with you by my side."

Unwantedly, a tear falls onto my cheek again "you didn't want to though. In your dream I mean. I woke up to you saying that you don't want to be with me anymore because you love someone else."

"Stef, no," Dani wipes away my tears, "what did I actually say?"

"You said 'I don't love you anymore, I am in love with someone else'" I look back to the floor.

"Can I ask you something?" She lifts up my head by my chin, "what happened the other day? Who did we see?"

How can I be so stupid? The penny drops, she was talking about Andrew. "I'm so sorry." Small tears have now turned into Niagara falls streaming from my eyes. Danielle pulls me close to her body and comforts me. Surely I should be the one comforting her? "So... You... Still... Want... To... Get... Married?" I say in between sniffles.

"I want to marry you even more now," Danielle lifts my head up with her hands either side of my face and looks into my eyes, "when can we go to Sicily?"

I smile at her, "not until the winter hiatus now, we go back to filming next week."

"Then we better start planning properly shouldn't we?" Dani pulls me close to her and rests her forehead on mine.

Just as we are taking in this moment, there's a knock on the door. I wipe my eyes and walk to the front door. I hear scratching on the other side, so did Danielle which makes her jump up and come to the door too. As I open it, Jeff jumps on Danielle. Jaina stands there laughing, "she obviously loves Dani more than you Stef."

I look down to Danielle and Jeff rolling on the floor, Jeff licking Danielle's face at every opportunity. "Hi Jeff." I get no response from her at all, "thank you for looking after her Jaina." I open the door fully and invite Jaina inside.

"Don't mention it, it was actually really nice having her around." Jaina puts all of Jeff's things in the kitchen and grabs all three of us a bottle of water. Myself and Jaina make our way to the couch, Danielle still playing with Jeff by the front door. "So are you moving in here fully?"

"Si, it's bigger and so much nicer than my place." We can't take our eyes off the chaos that is happening.

Jaina turns to me with a mischievous grin, "what are you getting Dani for her birthday?"

"I do have an idea that can either go super well or really badly." I don't want to give anything away just yet.

"Ok, anything I can help with?" Jaina looks back to Danielle and Jeff.

I do too, "can you just distract her on her birthday for a bit? We're going to be filming that day anyway." Jeff finally spots me and instantly leaps over the couch onto me, "oh so you do remember me then?"

Danielle stands up and pouts, "but I want attention."

"D, she is Stef's dog remember?" Jaina laughs at Danielle.

After some time, Jeff gets so tired she falls asleep on Danielle's lap. I walk Jaina to her car and thank her again for looking after my baby. After we hug, Jaina looks at me, "I have a feeling I know what you're getting her for her birthday and I know what breed she has wanted for a while." Jaina gets in her car and rolls down the window, "I'm right aren't I?"

I smile and look to the floor and nod.

"You're so good to her Stefania. Thank you for making her happier than I ever saw her before.." Jaina paused so I looked up at her, "Australian Labradoodle." With that, Jaina drives off.

Now I just have to figure out how on Earth I'm going to organize this without Danielle having any idea of what I'm planning. She loves Jeff so much and I know Jeff will love having a brother or sister too.

As I walk back into the house, the whole idea comes to me and I now know how I'm going to do this. But it won't be easy.