Chapter 51

Danielle POV

As we sit at our tables, drinks are flowing but all I can do it look at how beautiful Stefania looks right now. My mom is sat right next to me, she has given up talking to me as I'm not paying any attention. I can't stop playing with Stefania's rings. I catch a glimpse of Barrett smiling at me, she stands up and walks over to us, "guys are you ready for the speeches?"

Stefania's smile grows bigger, "of course."

Barrett grabs my glass and starts tapping it with my spoon. Why she couldn't walk back over to her own glass, I don't know, "can I have everyone's attention please? We are going to have a few words from Danielle's mom and Stefania's dad."

The crowd goes silent. My mom stands up and places a hand on my shoulder as I lean into Stefania whose arms are wrapped around my shoulder and waist. "I remember when Danielle was growing up, I knew she was going to be someone so special to a lot of people. And now look at her, she is a true inspiration to a whole world of people. But one thing I knew for sure was that Danielle never looked at love in the way the majority of us do. To Danielle, love doesn't mean gender or identity, love is who you are in your heart. I always thought that would get her into so much trouble, and it did sometimes. But ever since meeting Stefania, I have seen a completely different side to her. Stefania, you have made my baby girl so happy, happier than I ever thought I would see her and I will forever be grateful to you. This pairing was written in the stars, you two are the meant to be together and I can't wait to watch you both flourish and grow together. I am so thankful that you are in this family Stef, you are my daughters world and that makes you my daughter too. Thank you. To Danielle and Stefania!"

Everyone raises their glasses, "TO DANIELLE AND STEFANIA!"

Stefania's dad stands up, "Stefania, my sweet girl. Wow we've been through some tough times haven't we? Honestly, I didn't think that you would ever find someone to put up with your craziness but here we are. I wish you luck Danielle because you're going to need it. All seriousness, thank you Danielle. My daughter has become someone I no longer need to worry over because I know she has you by her side. Now Stefania, shall we take a trip down memory lane?" Stefania shakes her head and buries her face into my neck trying not to show how embarrassed she is. "When Stefania was growing up, she always ran off and wanted to be so independent. You didn't know this but I worried so so much about you because you would talk to anyone on the street and they would become your best friend for a day then you'd move on. Stef tried to be very conscious of who she portrayed herself to be in front of her mother and I but we saw straight through it. I remember the first time Stefania came home drunk, she held onto the walls and was adamant to us that she was completely sober. We never spoke of that again because Stefania's mother and I would just laugh at the thought. I can see so many similarities between Stefania and Danielle but you are so different than each other. Stefania is a free spirit who is constantly smiling and can get into a lot of trouble without even trying but Danielle, you keep her grounded and you balance each other out so well. I have dreamt of walking my daughter down the aisle since she was born. I always thought that I would have Stefania's mother right next to me on this day, unfortunately we wasn't so lucky with that but I know that she is here with us today. She walked with you today and will always be your biggest fan and supporter Stefania, she can see how happy Danielle makes you, you are loved by so many people. I am so proud to welcome Danielle into my family. Danielle, you are everything my daughter has searched for her whole life. You are her world and because of that, I know you are soulmates. Raise your glasses again for Stefania and Danielle."

Everyone has to wipe away their tears before they raise their glasses and cheers us. Stef gets up and hugs her father tightly, I do the same. I also wish Stef's mom was here, I know I would love her as much as Stefania. I have heard so much about that woman and Stefania is still so hurt from losing her the way she did.

"Thank you both for those amazing speeches," Barrett stands up, "I also have a few words."

"Barrett..." I know this is going to be so embarrassing.

"It will be fine D, just sit back and listen," the smirk she gives me and Stefania is so cheeky, "so as I said, I knew Stefania and Danielle separately before they even knew each other existed. My first impressions of Stefania was that she is pure crazy. I walk onto the Grey's Anatomy set and the first thing I see is Stefania jumping and dancing around the room, I avoided the craziness completely. Now Danielle, sweet and innocent Danielle. I knew from the moment we met that you would become my best friend. But let me tell you that when I heard that Carina was going to be Maya's new love interest, I had a feeling that two crazy people together would end up in disaster. Let's not get started on when they first met. Everyone has heard of that table read. Everyone in that room felt the electricity and connection from these two. Then having to sit through Danielle rant about how hot Stefania is really got on my nerves a little. All I wanted to do was lock them in a room together and let them talk, well we all know talking is out of the question with these two. The ranting and secrecy of feelings lasted months! MONTHS! I wanted to pull my own ears off because of them both having the biggest crush on each other and not doing anything about it. I couldn't take anymore, thankfully it didn't take them much longer to get their shit together and tell one another. The conversations Danielle and I had about Stefania. I'm not going to get into that though. But in all seriousness, I have never known two people more suited for one another than you two. You make the rest of us jealous all the time. Whenever you walk into work, the atmosphere lifts and we all know it's going to be a good day because you two are together. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who knows you, you two make us all happier. You are the sunshine on our rainy days and the most amazing friends to all of us. Ever since you two have become a couple, you are both so much happier. I have never seen a relationship like it and I hope that we can all be as happy as you two are. Now if you would like to take to the floor for your first dance."

Myself and Stefania both stand up and hug Barrett before making our way to the dancefloor next to all the tables, the music starts playing and I twirl Stefania into my arms. We stare into each other's eyes as we sway to the music. We put our foreheads together, I whisper "what did I ever do to make you fall for me?"

"Bambina, you don't need to do anything, you are everything I have ever dreamt of." Stefania places her hand to my cheek and rubs it with her thumb.

"I love you so damn much Stefania." I nudge my nose against hers.

"I love you so damn much too Danielle otherwise we wouldn't be here would we?" Stefania leans in and places her lips onto mine. So gentle, so lovingly.

After the song finishes, we are still here swaying and just being in this moment together when everyone joins us on the dancefloor.

I feel a tap on my shoulder which pulls both Stefania and I out of our little bubble. As I turn, I see Stefania's dad stood there, "could I have this dance?"

"Oh of course." I step away so he could dance with Stefania when he stops me.

"No Danielle, with you. I want to dance with my new daughter." He holds out his hand and I take it, I can see Stefania look at us with so much pride and tears in her eyes. She leans in and kisses her father on the cheek before walking over to Barrett who looks like she is in a serious conversation with someone.