Chapter 19

After I sent Bonnie and Elena home with a wave of my hand, me and Nikki were just sitting on his bed when he decided to break the silence.

"What did you do to Elena?"

I knew he would ask.

"Let's just say she's going to sleep for awhile." I smile at him. I did the coma spell Kai did. Her and Bonnie are linked and she won't wake until she dies. And when she does wake up in a couple months she will find that she has no recollection of me, Jeremy, and the supernatural in general. It'll be like all this has never happened.

He chuckles and shakes his head at me. He stands up and goes to the door. He opens it and stands there.

"Go on." He nods his head toward the door.

"What? Why?!" I ask panicked. He doesn't want me after all? Why? Because of Elena? Or is it me? Did I do something wrong? Anxiety bubbles up in my stomach. A weight on my chest and I can barely think.

"Because I don't need to keep you here anymore." He shrugs.

"Elena made it very clear that she doesn't care much for her family. Even her brothers. So kidnapping you can bring me nothing." He sighs.

"Well I don't want to go." I say stubbornly with a pout. How dare he ask me to go?

"Okay love."

"Don't even try to-huh? Okay?" I ask confused.

He closes the door and walks in front of me.

"I was just letting you know that your free to go. In case you regret what we did earlier." He says with his hands in his pockets.

I look at him in shock. How.. could I ever.. regret anything with him? It's just simply impossible. I'm too obsessed with him to regret a single thing.

"I don't regret anything. In fact I'd like to continue if you wanna?" I ask eagerly.

He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I think tonight was enough excitement for me."

I pout but nod. Elena coming in here and trying to kill me really has put a damper on the mood.

For the rest of the night we just was a movie, drink a little bit and talk until we fall asleep.

*

It's 2:34 am. I woke up a couple minutes ago and I just realized that I need to burn down a bridge.

Not for fun.. okay a little bit for fun. But also to save my Nikki a lot of trouble.

I wiggle out of bed, which is a challenge because he is holding me as the big spoon.

I finally get up and sigh in relief. I walk softly to the door and put in my shoes. I turn the doorknob slowly. I look of to Niklaus and then hurry out of the door closing it quietly behind me.

I then vanish and basically teleport to the bridge. Hold up..

Why didn't I just do that in the first place?

Damn I'm a little dumb.

....That's okay.

I go up to the sign and snap my fingers to undo the nails. It drops to the ground and I grab it. I throw it on the bridge and say the spell.

"Phasmatos incendia." I say lowly.

The sign bursts into flames and eventually starts a fire on the bridge. I watch it burn until I know that it won't stop burning.

"What are you doing love?"

My heart stops for a minute. I swear I am having a heart attack. I slowly turn around and smile innocently. I suddenly raise my hand to my ear and start rambling.

"Hm? What was that? You're cold?! Well then we should get you home! You know I'm staring to get a little chilly myself-".

"If your so cold why don't you go stand by the fire that you started? Hm?" He says mockingly.

Damn, he saw everything.

"WhAT? What fire? Oh. That fire? I didnt do that." I shake my head and slowly back away from him and the fire.

"I've been on this earth long enough to know witches. And I know your little spells too. The one you said... phasmatos incendia was it? That one starts a fire right?"

"Um, maybe? I'm not sure." I squeak out.

He looks at me with a bored expression.

"You don't know? Really? I detest liars."

I fidget with my hands and look at my feet. I don't want him to detest me. But if I explain he won't be mad right?

"Um, so, it's no big deal really, but I might have started the, uh, fire." I said quietly.

There's a silence between us and it gets a little awkward. I shuffle on my feet and avoid looking at his face.

"And are you going to tell me why or?" He trailed off.

What do I say? The truth? The lie I told Damon? Oh, I should probably tell him the truth one of these days. I'm getting sidetracked, the question is, do I tell him or not?

Fuck it. If he says I'm crazy I'll just laugh it off.

"Okay, I'll tell you everything."