Chapter Three

Zayn was in his last period, dance; none of the other dancers wanting to speak out or ask anything since he hadn't said a word since he walked into the dance studio.

Usually, Zayn energized and happy, and starts yelling out orders for them to start practicing. Zayn's not a bad captain, they always have fun when they practice but they make sure to work hard to achieve the goal they've set for their entire team.

Everyone was sitting around just staring at him as Zayn stood in the middle of the room staring at the floor. He bit his lip before looking up to stare at the wall which was really a mirror from ceiling to floor, he could see everyone looking at him, so he decided to clear his throat before speaking.

"Okay, come on. Let's practice" He said not as excited as he usually is, but he plastered a fake smile so they wouldn't worry. They all quickly got up and formed three rows behind him, five people on each row, all facing the mirror. He walked over to the radio and pressed play to let the music begin.

"5,6,7,8!" He said as the music began going back to his spot in time for all of them to start dancing in sync, the song they had already been practicing for days.

Ticking tocking like a bomb, throws me back when I had you closer, skin to skin we get it on, without the love I feel you going bolder

Zayn stopped dancing and teared up, he couldn't do it. Everyone else slowly stopped as well staring at him as I fell to his knees, crying. Harry quickly ran over to him and helped him up.

"Z, you're not okay. Let's get you home yeah?" He said as he lead Zayn towards the door.

Zayn quickly pulled away starting at him. "I'm fine! I'm okay! I don't need to go home! I don't need special treatment because my boyfriend has gone missing! He'll be back! He will!" Zayn yelled, Harry taking a step back nodding slightly.

Zayn wiped under his eyes and went back to the radio to restart the song and go over to his spot. "From the top!" He yelled before beginning to dance, everyone quickly joining in, except Harry who slowly walked over to his place watching the rest to be able to dance in sync with them.

They danced the entire thing, Zayn held back tears the entire time. "Again" he said as the song began again, once again doing the entire dance from start to finish without stopping. He could see everyone's expressions from the mirror, they looked worried and confused. Zayn couldn't blame them, usually he's joking around and stopping now and then to go over a part of the dance again, enjoying themselves.

They did the dance around five times, never once speaking between each try or even during. "One more time" was all Zayn said before he began dancing, all by myself. He looked at everyone through the mirror and stopped dancing to turn to them. "Why aren't you dancing?"

"Zayn, we haven't stopped dancing for the past half hour. Calm down." Harry said trying to catch his breath, the others nodding in agreement.

"Calm down? No. We need to make sure the dance is perfect and flawless." Zayn said slightly glaring at them.

"It already is Zayn. You're just to focused on who knows what to realize that." Eleanor said then she sighed. "Listen, we know you're going through a tough time but maybe you should take some time off school. A day or two, then come back."

Zayn shook his head and turned back to the mirror, "If you guys can't handle this, then leave. I'll kick you out of the team, and find some others who are willing to put in the hard work for this."

Eleanor and Harry both frowned, "You can't be serious" Harry said walking over to stand in front of him, Harry being slightly taller than Zayn. "We've worked our ass off for this team just as much as you have, and just because you're not okay, going through a rough time and don't know where your boyfriend is, doesn't mean you can take it out on us. We're not your puppets, Zayn, we love you but if this is how you're going to be from now on, I quit." He said before walking over to grab his bag and place the strap on his shoulder.

"I quit too." Eleanor said grabbing her bag as well, followed by three more people. All five stood by the door looking at Zayn.

"Anyone else want to quit?" He said looking at the rest of the dancers, who either shook their heads or stood quiet not moving. Zayn turned to the five that where by the door, "Okay, bye" He said turning back to the mirror. "One more time!" He said starting the music again, the dancers going back to their spots. Harry shook his head before all five walked out of the dance room.

Zayn ignored them and continued dancing with the rest of the dancers. Once the song finished he turned to them, all quiet. "If you all want to quit just like them, go ahead. I will not stop you. I have enough on my plate already, I don't need to be worrying about whether or not my team is willing to work hard to achieve the goal we set for ourselves at the beginning of the year." He said crossing his arms over my chest, none of the ten who were left said a thing.

He looked over at the clock and realized school had ended 45 minutes ago, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "You can all go home, but I expect you all to work really hard from now on, harder than before." He got a few nods before they all began grabbing their bags and walked out. Zayn was left alone and he finally let himself cry, falling to my knees. He gripped his hair and tugged on it as he let sobs escape his lips.

"Where are you Liam? Where?" He whispered to himself and stayed there crying for a good ten minutes. He wiped under his eyes and stood up, grabbed his bag and walked out of the room turning the lights off as he did.

Zayn walked towards the parking lot, not many cars there, maybe two or three, and made his way to his car. He got in, just sitting there, thinking about Liam, about where he could be or why he had left if he did it willingly. He started the ignition and drove out of the parking lot making his way home. His parents' car was in the driveway already, so he parked next to their car. Zayn turned the car off grabbing his bag and got out of the car closing the door with his foot.

He walked inside and dropped his bag by the door. "Zayn? Is that you?" He heard his mom before she walked out of the living room. She looked at him sadly, and made her way over to hug him.

Zayn didn't hug back so she pulled away. "Are you okay?" She asked hesitantly as she bit her lip.

"Just peachy." Zayn said before walking past her to go upstairs to his room.

He walked in closing and locking the door behind him before collapsing on the bed, once again beginning to cry. Eventually crying himself to sleep.

-------

Song: Sparks - Hilary Duff