Chapter Seventeen

"Zayn!" Zayn turned around at the call of his name, Niall dashing down the hallway dodging students and even teachers. The blonde reached him and smiled widely, Zayn chuckled and they both walked down towards English.

"So how are you, mate?" Niall asked as they entered their nearly empty classroom, taking their seats. The desk where Liam used to sit still empty, no one would dare sit in.

"I'm feeling good, it's still something to get used to you know? Not having him around and all, but what can I do? The police have no clues on where he could have gone or where he could be nothing." Zayn said, Niall nodding as he spoke.

The classroom began filling up, people smiling at Zayn and Niall as they entered and took their seats waiting for their teacher to come in.

"Are you going to be the one to cut the ribbon for the field ceremony like you did for the hall of fame ceremony?" Niall asked as everyone finally sat down.

Zayn nodded turning to face Niall, "Yeah, Mr.Curran thinks I should since it was my idea to recognize him somehow and the fact I was his boyfriend." Niall smiled, a few students joined in on their conversation, actually liking the idea of the field being renamed in honor of Liam.

"Did you all hear? There's a new student in school" Danny said, making everyone frown.

"New student? This time of year?" Niall asked, Zayn shrugging.

"Yeah, apparently his parents had to move so here he is." Danny added.

"How the hell do you know this?" Blake chipped in from behind Niall, Danny shrugged before he replied.

"I heard the secretary in the main office say that as I passed by, dunno." Everyone nodded, their teacher walking in and walking over to her desk. She looked over at her student before sitting down on her chair.

"Students please get into groups of four and begin discussing the poem we read last class." She waved at them, soon enough everyone broke into their groups, Niall, Danny and Zayn ended up together since there was no one else to be in their group since they were all complete.

They didn't discuss the poem though, they discussed the ceremony that would take place on Friday afternoon. They heard the classroom door open but they took no importance over it, as they planned on what to do Friday.

"I think we should all wear shirts with Liam's picture in the front and his name and football number on the back, you know?" Danny suggested.

"That'd be cool but do you think they'll have them ready on time? I mean it's Monday, and by the time we ask for sizes, gather up the money and get the shop to start on them, it will be past Friday" Niall said, Zayn sighing.

"I'm sure Mr.V will get them done quickly, he liked Liam, and he knew how much the school and community cared for him." Danny said, Niall nodding to that.

"Mr. Horan, come here please." Their teacher called, Niall groaned and got up walking to his teacher's desk.

"Can I pick the picture we use for the shirts?" Zayn asked Danny, who laughed softly.

"Of course, Zayn. He was your boyfriend anyways" Zayn smiled, nodding. He had to look through his pictures to find his favorite one of Liam. Niall walked back to the group and sat down on his desk.

Zayn heard a chair being moved to their group, so he looked up his eyes going wide, as he gasped quietly. The new student was in his class and now in their group, he sat down next to Zayn, Zayn not being able to take his eyes off him. Making Niall kick him from under the desks, Zayn looked at Niall but quickly looked back at the guy sitting next to him.