Chapter 19: The Army of Two

" Aincrad's 74th Floor, Labyrinth "

Sounds of a duel could be heard within the dungeon corridors, as sword clashed against one another. A lizard creature was seen charging towards a player, swinging its sword for it to only clash with its opponent's blade. The players blade loosened its pressure letting the creature to fall forward only for its head to be sliced off, causing it to explode into many crystals.

The masked player looked around seeing if any other threats lied within his area of the dungeon. Letting go of his blade, it flew up to float behind him in a flashy manner, its tip pointing to the ground as to resemble a holy cross. The beater proceeded to open his menu, tapping his finger onto his location within the game's navigation system.

Muzan: This should do for today...

He closes his menu as he turns to make his exit, his blade flying in front of him, lining up perfectly to sheaths itself as the masked player simply walked forward. This was a feat within the blade, having the ability to move on its own with the user's Dexterity, but its damage was slightly reduced if this was active. It also could be disabled if its user's focus was disrupted. The beater continued to walk his way towards the dungeon's exit, taking in its interior design. Its walls were dark in colour, as luminous trees floated above, linked together to resemble the Northern Lights.

But one thing was plaguing the player's mind, almost two years have passed since the game had begun. When Kayaba Akihiko first appeared... that was the first and last time anyone had seen or heard of him. Where had he disappeared to? Where was he watching us from?

He approached the exit of the Labyrinth. The suns rays shined brightly, forcing him to cover his eyes with his hand. He removed his hand from above his eyes after his eyes had adjusted to the bright atmosphere, he made his the way through the forest to the teleportation gate.

*Grass Rustling*

The sudden noise cause the masked player to come to a halt. Looking towards the left he enhanced his vision, spotting a pair of white ears perking up from behind a fallen tree. He pulled out two nail like needles, one glowing in a neon green signalling the use of a skill. The first needle was thrown, pinning into the tree with a "thud" causing the ears to jump, revealing a pure white rabbit. It soon spotted the player as it was too late, as the second needle came towards it.

- TimeSkip -
" Aincrad's 50th Floor, Algade "

Agil: Hey, Hey, Hey... you can't be serious right!?!??

The beater had returned to the axe wielding  merchant's shop once again, presenting an item that he had obtained not too long ago this morning.

Agil: T-This is an S Class item, I've never seen one before... hey, don't you have all the money that you need? Shouldn't you be cooking this for yourself?

Muzan: My cooking skill has yet to reached the required level, I simply don't have the time to do so.

Agil: Yeah... and finding a chef with a high enough level is gonna be tough... even if we tried, we would simply end up burning it.

The beater only replied with a nod, not speaking a word until he felt a sudden tap on his shoulder, accompanied by a familiar voice.

Asuna: Muzan.

He turned around to spot the glorious Lightning Flash Asuna, waving to fully greet him. He noticed a taller, older looking player within the KoB uniform which he had never seen before. Standing behind her in a guarding manner.

Muzan: Asuna? What brings you here?

Asuna: W-Well, I was just wondering how you were doing... seems like you're doing well.