Chapter 12: The Trap Room

" June 15th, Aincrad's 27th floor "

A month had passed after Muzan's birthday, the duo had settled in their newly acquired home very nicely. Aiding the assault team to reach the 28th floor with ease. A new guild had recently been formed called The Fuurinkazan led by an older red haired samurai who went by the name Klein. He's leadership skills are remarkable, easily liked by the guild members who took under the banner but that all crumbles when faced infront of attractive women. They were currently working with the beater duo to clear a dungeon on the 27th floor. Exhaustion clearly visible throughout the Fuurinkazan guild.

Klein: *huff, huff* how ain't you guys tired... we've been at this for hours. My body feels like it's going to break.

The samurai's guild nodded in agreement. This dungeon felt huge, with many mob spawns that could overwhelm players or guild that lack coordination and proper strategy.

Muzan: you'll get use to it.

Klein: yeah right, I'd rather not... Thanks again for joining us by the way, if it weren't for you guys we would've had our arses whipped. Plus seeing you two work together was amazing!

Asuna: thanks for the compliment and it wasn't a problem. Muzan and I were planning on clearing this dungeon sooner or later anyway. Besides you guys did a great job assisting us too.

Klein: thanks Asuna, hey... with the floors becoming more and more difficult, it's hard to see solo and duo players now. I'm glad Kirk-dude stopped being a solo player and joined a guild.

Muzan: Kiri-dude?

Klein: Kirito. I actually met him at the beginning of the game. But when all this death stuff happened, he ran off to do a solo grind. I saw him recently and he had a guild with him.

Muzan: I see... we worked alongside him on the front lines. He was solo at first but we recently convinced him to join the guild he's with now.

Klein: and you guys don't want to join a guild too?

The conversation was cut short by a group of players entering a room within the dungeon. Upon closer inspection the masked swordsman noticed it was the Moonlit Black Cats. The room was relatively small which housed a treasure chest.

Muzan: that room isn't what I think it is, is it?

He began to take a few steps forward which quickly turned into a full sprint. Unleashing his katana before tossing it forward, making it spin through the air.

Kirito: wait! Don't open it!

Ducker's greed and curiosity got the best of him, opening a chest only resulting in the doors to shut quickly. But a blade perfectly lodged itself between the doors preventing it to shut anymore.

Muzan: Everyone, out now! We can't waste any time!

Quickly following his instructions they quickly rushed out, squeezing through the gap created by the lodged blade. Everyone within the room was able to get out, all but two... the Black and Masked Swordsman remained. Muzan took a speedy glance at the door, noticing the blade couldn't hold it open for any longer.

Kirito: we won't reach the door in ti-

Being interrupted Kirito felt something wrap around his waist and felt himself being thrown forward towards the door. Not even able to look down to see what it was, he looked forward seeing the door in his midst. Flying through the man made gap, landing on the floor before taking a look behind him. Muzan began to run towards him to the door, but was cut off as the blade between the doors shattered due to the overwhelming pressure. Slamming shut before the masked man could exit the room.