Chapter 3: Training Begins

???: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

A blur of chest-nut hair quickly arose from the bed of a one person inn, the person breathing heavily as they just woke up from a nightmare. Asuna... she has been getting these nightmares very frequently so it wasn't new to her. After calming herself down she got ready for the day, the day when she meets the swordsman again to begin her training. Leaving the inn her mind lingered on the nightmare of her dying in the game which could happen if the game wanted to. Eventually bumping into someone standing.

Asuna: oh... sorry I-

Muzan: it's alright, your up early.

Asuna looked up to see the same masked ronin looking at her but what she couldn't see was the confusion in his eyes as she looked somewhat off to him.

Asuna: I could say the same for you.

Muzan: touché.... you look like something is weighing you down?

Asuna looked at the man surprised that he saw right through her and saw that something was weighing her down. Not wanting to get him involved she dismissed the question with a "no I'm fine" answer, the swordsman nodded understanding that she isn't comfortable with talking about it so he dropped the subject.

Muzan: follow me. We will be going to the fields to begin training.

The duo began their walk to the fields but they walked in silence, not a kind of silence that makes them uncomfortable. That was until Asuna broke it.

Asuna: so why did you accept my offer to train me?

Muzan:...

Asuna waited for an answer from the masked man, moments past as she was wondering why he was taking a long time to respond. Beginning to think that he didn't want to talk, he responded.

Muzan: I don't know why I accepted it. My gut said to train you so I went with it... and now I see it. You have great potential within you.

Muzan's voice had this tranquility effect that made Asuna felt at ease. Even though Muzan wasn't really that talkative, his voice had this effect that would flush ones negative thoughts. Maybe it was just her but she wasn't going to deny this claim she had. Once again she bombarded him with another question.

Asuna: your mask? Why do you wear it?

Muzan: personal reasons

Asuna: can you take it off?

Muzan:... no

Such a sharp response one that she somewhat expected. She didn't want to pry into his personal life too much so she dropped the subject. After that majority of the walk was silent with the occasional questions from Asuna here and there, only to get a short response from the masked swordsman.

(Time skip)

Upon arriving at the destination Muzan allowed her a chance to cool off due to the somewhat long walk. After a while Asuna announced that she was ready to start training to which Muzan accepted.

Muzan: may I see your weapon?

Looking at him Asuna reluctantly gives him her rapier. Upon retrieving the weapon he inspects it coming to the conclusion that she was more focus on speed and agility, Perfect for a girl of her size.

Muzan: a rapier... a weapon that focuses more on speed and agility, while making precise attacks on the enemy, it's light and sharp enough to sustain its user in a prolonged battle. A nice choice.

Asuna was found dumbfounded not knowing what all of this meant until now, she overlooked all of this information and didn't think it would be important. But now with this information she could use the weapon to its advantage. Muzan continued his teaching.