1- feminism

Feminism: The radical belief that men and women are equal

I think it is self explanatory why the word feminism is still considered controversial in 21st century.

From women in south korea scared to call themselves the f word

To countries like Iran or Japan forcing girls to cover themselves so that it doesn't excite men.

It's obvious that we are still very behind in terms of giving our women their rightful status in society.

But whenever a woman talks about her abuse, especially online, she is met with millions of men (and sometimes even women) disregarding her pain and gaslighting her.

Gender based violence like acid attacks, female genital mutilation, female infanticide, rape and sexual abuse, are an everyday reality for many women around the world.

Men get away with crimes very very easily.

South Korea's most notorious child rapist was released from prison on after serving a lighter sentence of 12 years behind bars because he was "under the influence of alcohol".

If drinking and driving is a crime, how come drinking and raping is an excuse?

11 Indian men who were convicted for the gangrape of a pregnant muslim woman and murder of 14 members of her family, including her three-year-old daughter, were released prematurely from jail under the guidelines of the govt.

Till today, daily lives of women are filled with horror and terror.

I think we as a society have collectively failed all those women.