⚠️𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡⚠️

This Is It-Era

You were dating Michael Jackson in 2007, and two years later, he announced his next tour to be "This Is It." He was a tour guy but needed to earn money to pay his debts. 

You are much younger, in your early 20s, and Michael was already 50. The age difference was odd for you both; he loved you so much that he treated you like a princess. You were not like the other girls dated in the past, and your appearance was beautiful in his eyes that you were Average/chubby/plus size to be in his life. However, Michael NEVER revealed you to the media because he was too overprotective around you for safety, just like his children. He experienced a long time and can't let his kids go through that again.

It was a typical morning; you were at work doing your job and texted Michael to get plenty of rest. He wasn't working on rehearsals, and he needed a break. You kissed him this morning, and he was glad you cared for him, unlike some that would leave him in the dust. 

While you were working, a strong news headline shocked the whole world. 

Michael...died in his sleep after being taken to the hospital over an overdose. You were utterly shocked and heartbroken after reading the news headline.  

"W-what?" Your voice croaked as the news announced Michael's death. 

You felt your eyes watering up, and you could hardly breathe if it were to be true. He died in the hospital, and there was no chance of having him back. Some weren't surprised that the singer had passed away, but a lot hit HARD for his fans. 

__

A few days later, you were in your apartment and didn't even find yourself after Michael passed. It crushed my heart, and you felt like that part of you was gone. It was late at night, and you had taken a shower, put your hair up in a bun, and were about to brush your teeth. That was until you heard a knock at the door, and you stood there a few moments because it was almost midnight. You left out of the bathroom and went to the door, and it knocked again. 

'How odd...who is here at this hour?' You thought. 

You peek through the peephole, and it is a person dressed in all black. You weren't that stupid to open the door for some random bastard to jump on you. Quickly running towards the kitchen, you went to grab a pan and hid it behind your back before returning to the door. 

"Who is it?" You answered. 

"Special delivery." They spoke in a deep voice, but it was also familiar. 

You unlocked the door, and the person dressed in black stood there in front of you. You were gripping the handle, waiting for their move. When they reached up slowly, you were ready to swing but soon stopped when the person revealed themselves to you. 

It was Michael.

"M-M-M-Michael..." You stuttered. 

Michael looked a little anxious but smiled a little. 

"Hi baby," He greeted. 

You felt like everything was a dream and didn't know if it was real. He was standing here. Alive. You watched his funeral on television, and he's here! 

Still trying to progress, you didn't even notice that you were crying as the tears built up. 

"Baby?" He called out to you back into reality. 

"M-M-Mikey!" You quivered. 

You dropped the pan on the floor and wrapped your arms around his waist. Crying into his chest as he shooshed you and walked inside quickly while holding you in his arms protectively. You cried so hard that you left tear stains on his hefty black jacket.

"How is this even real? Y-You died..." You whimpered. 

"I didn't die. I only acted as it is since I finally decided to give up my career." Michael replied as he walked over to the couch, taking your hand to sit down. "I know what you saw happened on the news today, and it's tragic for me, including everyone else--even my family. However, I can't deal with this tolerance anymore, Y/N." 

"I-I know. It's just that..." You sniffled. "You died so suddenly in front of my eyes that I didn't think you would..." He rubbed his thumbs against your knuckles. 

"It's okay, love. Calm down." He whispered. 

"I thought I lost you." You wipe your eyes while continuing to cry. 

"You didn't lose me, baby. I never leave you behind." He replied. 

"But what about y-your family? Prince? Paris? Blanket?" You asked. 

Silence. 

He could see that you were starting to cry as tears were brimming through your eyelids. Michael didn't like seeing you upset, and he scooted closer to you. 

"Nononono! Princess, don't cry." He reached up to cup your cheeks so warm tears wouldn't fall. Using his thumb to wipe them away, you let out a croak.

"M-Michael, why did you..." You sniffled. 

"Shh, honey, don't break down. I know this is stressing you out." He cooed. 

You were brought in a hug and cried in his chest. He didn't let go. Michael held you in his arms, gently coming through your hair's locks. After you calmed down, Michael said, "Tomorrow, I am leaving and changing my life for good without dealing with the media. I am no longer the Michael Jackson everyone will consider me to be." 

"So, is this our last moment?" You asked, with your head resting on his shoulder. 

He looked back at you, "I was wondering if you would come with me." He said. 

"Go with you?" You asked. 

He nods. "You don't have to if you want to. I'm not forcing you." He gripped your hands in his large ones. 

"I'll go with you wherever you go, Michael." You replied. 

Michael forms a little smile as he lowers his head down. He raises his head back up again as he stares into your eyes. 

"Is it okay if I stay here tonight?" he asked, looking at you with a pleadable gaze. 

"Yeah, you're more than happy to stay here." You replied.

You both went up to your room, and Michael was stripping out of black clothing around his body, revealing his regular red long-sleeve shirt collar and black pants as his hair remained curly. You were lying in bed, and he lay next to you. 

"Be ready to pack up tomorrow because we leave around 5:30." He says, pulling you into his arms so you can relax under his touch as he silently sings  'You Are My Life.' You were so into the minor tune that you blacked out after hearing, "I love you, Y/N." He pecks your forehead as he falls asleep beside you holding you in his arms.