"Cough. Cough. Weapons have no eyes. Archery is indeed going overboard. Perhaps the two should change for another subject?" seeing the hall was filled with noise, Duke Duanjun cleared his throat to make an alternate proposal tentatively. This time, Ling Yucheng's actions really were too much.

"No need. It's rare for Young General Ling to develop interest in something. I will accompany him to the end," no one expected the person to refuse the proposal to be Shen Liang. Many people found themselves unable to see through Shen Liang, including Ling Yucheng, who made the initial proposition to begin with and Shen Ruiting, who was walking towards them. When Shen Liang spoke, his footsteps halted and he froze where he stood.

"You appear confident?" ignoring the disapproving glances he had been receiving, Lin Yucheng looked at Shen Liang with a scrutinizing gaze. He couldn't figure out what Shen Liang was thinking. Yes, he had challenged Shen Liang to this competition, and it was he who had proposed archery. But his original intent was to humiliate Shen Liang. It would've sufficed for Shen Liang to just concede and admit defeat. Ling Yucheng wouldn't pursue the matter anymore as well. But he never expected Shen Liang to actually agree. And even with Duke Duanjun's proposal, Shen Liang refused the good intent. Was he truly not afraid?

Shen Liang raised his eyebrows with a smile. He then laughed with self-ridicule: "As far as archery is concerned, I'm afraid I would ever be confident before you in this life."

And yet, you still refused Duke Duanjun's proposal?

Don't even mention Ling Yucheng, no one present could guess what sort of medicine Shen Liang was selling in his gourd.

"So?" Ling Yucheng demanded an answer with a scowl. Shen Liang was aware of what Ling Yucheng was curious about, but he wouldn't satisfy the man just like that.

He only offered a brilliant smile: "So didn't I come up here to be abused by you? Otherwise, how will you explain to a certain someone later?"

"What do you mean?" Ling Yucheng was able to immediately discern the underlying meaning in Shen Liang's words. He rushed over and was before Shen Liang with one long stride and gazes at Shen Liang with his tiger-like eyes, fierce and bloodthirsty. Along with him, Shen Jing, who sat in the crowd also grew nervous as she wondered how Shen Liang could've guessed. She was also worried that he would speak a name. Ling Yucheng being her admirer was something half of the Imperial City knew of. Even if Shen Liang didn't have any proof, as long as he said something, her reputation would suffer just like Shen Liang and Shen Qiao's. 

What a pity that Shen Liang never had any intentions of pursuing the matter with her. Before Ling Yucheng's oppressive bearing, Shen Liang maintained his calm smile. Not even the corners of his raised lips moved.

"I mean what I said. It can't be that Young General Ling wants me to actually deliver a name?"

"Ridiculous tricks! This General won't suffer from your schemes," his eyes flickered as Ling Yucheng announced defiantly. But in the blink of an eye, he had retreated.

"I wonder how Young General Ling wish to engage in this competition of archery?" Shen Liang had hypothesized this a long time ago and wasn't surprised the least bit. Instead, he steered the conversation back onto the competition.

Ling Yucheng responded in a tone that could not be considered kind, "The competition was proposed by me, as well as the subject. Everything else will be left for you to decide."

He wouldn't bother to even take advantage of that small detail.

"Then I won't be polite," as though everything fell short of Shen Liang's expectations, Shen Liang continued after a pause, "Duke Duanjun's words before carry logic. Weapons have no eyes. If anything were to happen, then neither the Marquis Manor nor the General Ling's Manor would be able to face the consequences. hence, for this competition, I propose Young General Ling and I to sign a contract of exemption from liability. Regardless of whether we end up injured, handicapped, or dead from this competition, neither manor should exact revenge on the other. I wonder what Young General Ling thinks of such proposal?"