Chapter Two

Even though I was a bit terrified of the mysterious boy I wanted this room. I don't know what it was, but this room is meant to be mine. I look out the window and see a rose bush growing on the side of the house, "Oh this is definitely going to be my room," I say thinking about all the possibles ways I can leave in the middle of the night.

To my surprise I hear the front door open and I flinch, thinking of the boy. I go to the front hall that over looks the foyer and sigh with relief at the sight of my mother.

"Eleanor! You were so ahead of me on the road I thought you made the wrong turn! Thank God you're safe!" she sighs, but I give her a confused look.

"Mom, I left you a voicemail when I got to the house because you weren't here yet," I say still confused.

"You never called me," she declares holding up her phone messages, my name not there.
I check my own phone for my outgoing calls. I never called my mom. At least, not this afternoon,

"Weird."

"It's fine. You need to drive to the school and get your class schedule. I'm expecting all A's out of you this year," she says firmly while I roll my eyes.

"What's the school called again?" I say not remembering.

"Mortem High School," she says with a smile.

"Mom? Didn't you know what mortem meant when you found the school?" I ask. Since I take Latin I know what it means.

"No, I didn't know it was a translation."

"Mortem means death in Latin. You basically signed me up at Death High School." I want to claw my eyes out, can this day get any creepier?

"Just go get your schedule and when you come home you can unpack your things," she points to the door to have me leave.

I try to go easier on her these days after dad's death, but I still can't stand her obliviousness. I get into my jeep and pull out of the driveway, in frustration I accidentally ding the mail box. Pretending it never happened I drive down Deaton Drive. I set my GPS to Mortem High School. While turning on to the high school's street a wolf appears in the middle of the road. I scream while swerving my car over to the right. Luckily, I don't go off road and continue back onto the road. I look behind me to find a wolf wasn't there. I'm going crazy, I think to myself.

The high school appears on the right and I turn into the parking lot. I park the closest to the high school so if something bad happens I can make it out fast. Getting out of my car, there is a boy waiting at the door for me. He has the same hair color of the boy I imagined in my room earlier today, but I can't recognize if he has the same features. I can just hope that it isn't him and that I was imagining everything. This boy had dark brown eyes with a crooked smile, and he was smiling at me. I walk towards him with a straight face, not daring to show any weakness.

"You must be Eleanor Halewood," he says in a deep, strong, and handsome voice.

"That's me," I pause, "and you are?"

"Levi Bianchi," he says with no doubt.

"And you are supposed to?" I ask, not trusting Levi at all.

"I'm your guide for the afternoon."

"It's Sunday, don't you have better things to be doing then touring me around?"

"Honestly? No. You're my day, Eleanor. And I hope to fulfill it." I want to gag, but I keep my head high.

"Mhm, okay. Show me around."

"Here's your schedule," he tells me before letting me in the school.

I look over my schedule,
Period 1: Honors English
Period 2: Biology
Period 3: Mythology-History
Period 4: Latin 2
Period 5: Study Hall
Lunch
Period 6: Algebra 2
Period 7: Studies of the World

"What's 'Studies of the World'?" I ask not remembering signing up for that one.

"It's required for all students to take. You'll see when you get there," he smirks, definitely knowing something I don't know.

He opens the door for me, "Welcome to Hell, Princess,"

I laugh assuming it's a joke since all schools are like Hell, but I definitely hope it's a joke.