I took a seat to relieve my feet after all the hard work. I had been standing for over three hours now and my stomach grumbled though it was too early for lunch. I had missed my breakfast.

"Elle," I stood up immediately and rushed to the call of the familiar voice I'd been longing to hear. My fatigue long gone as I lunged on her.

"Lora," I fell into her arms melting into her warm embrace. How I'd missed her. She patted my back then pulled away to cup my cheeks, "How have you been, dear."

"All good!" I grinned at her adoring the way she'd styled her hair. Her porcelain skin shined in the light and it was hard to believe that she was getting to her mid-thirties. She appeared younger, we could pass as age-mates.

"You look different," she assessed my outfit then my face and smiled slyly, "Did you finally get a boyfriend?" I coughed to distract her wandering thoughts as I made some doodles on the ground with my feet.

"No," I shyly replied meeting her eyes briefly that twinkled with curiosity. I was wearing a dress, a yellow one, and my hair was well tied in a bun. I didn't look as messy as before but Lora still noticed the changes.

"I will find out," she mumbled out to herself adjusting her handbag over her shoulder. I hadn't changed and I was still convincing myself that I hadn't when I clearly was beginning to.

Over the past two days, my mind had shifted to Grey more than just a couple of times. I looked forward to our next meeting which I had no idea when it would be. He was a busy man but I wanted to see him soon.

Whether this was because he was my new friend or because I was beginning to get attached to his warmth, the idea of him excited me like the way a lioness would play with its cubs. I couldn't wait for Wednesday, the promised day.

"...right now." Lora patted my back as she walked past me into the bookstore. I didn't hear her last words but I followed, easily catching up with her long strides. She was very professional when it came to her job.

Over the next few hours, I ran around the bookstore delivering the files that Lora had to look at and ensuring that there was no commotion amongst all who came to check out the new book.

The afternoon stretched leisurely, the weather peaceful and murmurs all around me as I worked alongside Jordan. We barely took any rest and my stomach was grumbling quite frequently but luckily no one had heard that.

Jordan was at the back picking more books to replace an empty stand when I approached Lora closer to the registers, "When is Dalton coming?" I was eagerly waiting to meet the young lad.

"Ooh!" Lora adjusted her wrist watch then turned to my side. I guess she'd been so immersed in working to check the time.

"He's being dropped off here at half past three," she explained once she had checked out a previous customer. That was would be in thirty minutes.

"I'll wait for him!" I excitedly began to walk way but Lora called me back. She didn't need help at the register though since it wasn't as busy as in the morning.

"Did you need something?" I asked since picking up Dalton wasn't an issue. I was even familiar with his grade teacher having picked him up severally.

"Could you get burgers, something small for everyone here?" She pulled out her credit card and smiled convincingly at me. I hesitated at first but she bet me to it.

"I've been hearing those grumbles of yours since morning," I lowered my head, embarrassed but Lora laughed along, "Did you even remember to deworm?" Jordan's laughter came up behind me that I wanted to bump their heads together.