"Ah. Harry, old boy." Professor Slughorn cut himself off. My eyes snapped up, falling on Harry as he stood awkwardly in the door way. "I was beginning to worry."

Then, Ron peeked his head out from behind Harry and they shuffled into the classroom.

"Brought someone with us, I see."

"I thought they weren't taking potions this year?" I whispered to Hermione. She shrugged and I straightened back up.

"Ron Weasley, sir." Ron smiled. I felt a girl basically leaning on me. I looked over and it was Lavender Brown basically melting. I gave her a perplexed look, pulled my arm away from her, and stepped closer to Hermione. Hermione was staring at her with her own unwelcoming look.

"I'm dead awful at potions," Ron continued, shaking his head and trying to weasel himself out of the course, "Menaced actually, so I'll probably just go."

"Nonsense." The professor chuckled, "Any friend of Harry is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Sorry sir, I haven't actually got my book yet, nor has Ron." Harry said.

I looked at Hermione out of the corner of my eye to see that she was already looking at me. We both quickly covered our mouths to hide our smiles.

"Not to worry, then, get you one from the cupboard." Slughorn smiled.

He turned back to the classroom, clapping his hands together. We all tried to ignore the two boys who were fighting behind his back.

"Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?"

Hermione's hand shot up per usual and I heard slight groans and scoffs. I looked over my shoulder glaring at and silencing Pansy and a few other Slytherin girls.

"Yes, Miss..."

"Granger," Hermione gave him a curt nod. She stepped towards the cauldrons carefully. "That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth serum."

"And that one there is Polyjuice potion," She paused, "It's terribly tricky to make."

"And this..." She stopped in front of the glimmering potion and we all looked at it. "...is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world."

She stammered a little bit as she looked between the potion and Professor Slughorn.

"It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them."

Who knew that burnt cookies and butter beer were attractive to me?

"For example, I smell freshly mown grass, and new parchment, and... spearmint tooth paste." She cut herself off, stepping back next to me. I gave her a confused look as she shrunk into my side.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't actually create love, that'd be impossible but it does create powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

The girls who had wandered to the front to stare at the Amortentia stepped back when he put the lid over top.

"Sir, you haven't told us what is in that one." Katie Bell spoke up.