Chapter 41

I dipped my quill in ink again, starting to get tired of writing. I still had at least 4 paragraphs and I had to get it done before class started.

I drew small hearts on the corner of my paper, getting distracted from what I was doing. I felt eyes on me and I looked up, making direct eye contact with Harry.

Hermione and Ron sat behind him, staring at me as well. I gave them a small smile, looking back down at my work.

The fact that them not talking to me meant that I had no one else was honestly sad. I closed my book and stuffed my things into my bag.

I looked back at them and they stared back. I made eye contact with Hermione, nodding my head towards the door.

I quickly left the great hall, leaning against the wall outside of the door and a few minutes, Hermione joined me.

"How long is he going to be mad at me?" I sighed.

"Well, you did shut him down after leading him on. He's also had a crush on you for so long." She shrugged, "But I don't think he's mad, I think he's just confused."

"Well, don't get me wrong," I started, "I want to be with him but I can't risk messing anything up. You three are my life and I don't want to risk losing you."

"Y/n," She chuckled, "Neither of us would ever be able to choose between you two, we wouldn't leave you just because you two broke up."

"Yeah," I sighed, looking away from her, my eyes landing on the ground.

"That's not why you said no." She leaned forward, trying to look at my face.

"It's just..." I stopped, debating whether I should really tell her.

She raised her eyebrows. I sighed.

"I really like him but," I paused, "I think I like someone else."

Her jaw dropped. "Who?"

I shrugged, smiling sheepishly. "I don't know, we don't really talk anymore but... Dean."

"Oh Godric, Y/n." She sighed.

"I don't want to hurt either of them, besides I can't even imagine choosing between them."

"I get it." She sighed, "I've got to get to my next class but we're not done talking alright."

I nodded, waving as she walked past me. I walked in the opposite direction, heading towards the dungeon for potions.

I rounded the corner, freezing as I heard a strangled sob. They came one after the other, like a waterfall. I took a deep breath before turning the corner.

Sitting on the floor, with his head in his hands, was a small boy.

I crouched down in front of him, careful to not touch him.

"Hey, are you alright?" I looked him over, realizing he had one hand tightly clenched over the other.

He looked up at me. My heart sank.