10

I circle the boys and Payakan, keeping an eye out for the sky people.

Aella flies higher into the sky so I can see my surroundings better. I catch movement in the corner of my eye.

Sky people. I quickly fly down back to the boys, Aella lands on a nearby rock and I swim towards them.

"Sky people are coming! They aren't far away, you need to hurry up with getting that tracker out of Payakan." While I'm there, I help pull the tracker as well.

"That's my girl." Ao'nung rubs my head then quickly gets back to tugging on the tracker.

"They're getting closer!" Lo'ak shouts, "Don't worry Payakan. When we get this out of you, swim away! As far as you can."

We finally get the tracker out. Neteyam grabs it and quickly swims away on his Ilu.

I quickly swim over to Aella, I climb up onto the rock. "Ao'nung! Tell your Ilu to swim home, my Ikran will be faster!"

Ao'nung pats his Ilu who starts to quickly swim away, he quickly makes his way towards me and we get on Aella.

We fly up but as we do I hear a sharp sound in the air, a bullet. I tell Aella to fly faster towards home but within seconds we are falling from the sky.

A sharp pain rushes through me and I see that Aellas been shot. Straight through her head.

We fall into the water and Ao'nung keeps me afloat. I scream in pain and sadness as I watch Aella sink into the water.

"Focus Rua. We have to get out of here." Ao'nung pulls me as he swims away from the massive ship.

In the distance I see Tsireya, Neteyam, and Lo'ak all coming back on their Ilu. I see mine and Ao'nungs Ilus swimming on either side of Tsireya.

We swim towards them as they get closer to us. Our Ilus swim faster and then reach us. I get on my Ilu and quickly dive underwater.

I look up as I swim down and I see everyone else following behind me. Suddenly, In the corner of my eye I catch a fast movement.

I look to my right and see at least ten smaller ships coming towards us. I swim near to everyone and sign that we have to get out of here quickly, that the sky people are here.

As we all start to quickly swim away from them, I look down to the bottom of the water and I see Aellas dead body.

A pain grows in my chest and I start to get distracted. I feel a quick tap on my shoulder, Tsireya signs to me that we have to keep going.

I look forward and see that Tuk and Kiri are also with us. I keep an eye on them, making sure they don't fall behind.

All the others are still near each other. That's until two of the submarine like things come from each side of everyone.

We're forced to separate. There's tall sea grass close to me, I make my way in there. Everyone else also goes in there.

I see Lo'ak for a split second with Tsireya, there's a submarine not so far behind them. I turn my head quickly to look behind me, there's nothing behind me.

I slow down a bit and search through the grass for Kiri, Tuk, Neteyam, and Ao'nung.

I see Tuk swimming around on her own. I quickly swim down to her and get her on my Ilu. I see Neteyam, Kiri, and Ao'nung swim up into a plant.

I follow them into it. "Has anyone seen Lo'ak and Tsireya?" Kiri says breathlessly.

"I saw them, I think they went into something like this as well."

-

"Neteyam! No!" Neytiri cradles Neteyam in her arms. I watch in horror, seeing my brothers eyes go lifeless.

Jake stares blankly into the distance. He mindlessly rubs Neytiris back trying to comfort her.

All I hear is Neytiri screaming and crying. I'm silent. Tears roll down my face.

I glance at Lo'ak who is staring at his bloody hands, I hear quiet whimpers and whines coming from him.

I look up at Spider who is standing behind Jake. He isn't crying, his face is filled with.. guilt.

I stare at him, why isn't he crying? He only looks shocked. He looks at me but quickly looks away.

————

Hi all, I think this is going to be the last Avatar story I write. I've lost motivation to write about Avatar, but I still love the two films. I may start writing TLOU stories and TWD stories. I'll post scenarios on my tiktok @neteyamsoneandonly