7

"I'm not very good at climbing forest girl, so you'll have to help me out." He looks up at the tallest tree we could find in the forest.

"You and your people taught me how to swim, so I guess I'll help you climb." I start to climb up and I hold out my hand.

"Come on. Don't be a wuss." I laugh and he rolls his eyes. He grabs my hand and uses his other hand to pull himself up.

I keep hold of his hand as we both climb up and pray he doesn't slip, otherwise I'll be falling as well.

"Keep a tight grip Ao'nung. Make sure to check where you're putting your feet. Please don't slip." I hold onto his hand tighter and climb slightly faster.

"I wont." He's doing well so far, let's keep it this way.

We finally make it to a taller and thicker branch. I sit on it and pull up Ao'nung, "That wasn't so bad."

"Ao'nung I could literally feel your heartbeat in your hand." I laugh and he tries to hold in his laugh but fails.

"Thank you for bringing me here, it almost feels like home." I softly smile at Ao'nung and I see his massive tail slightly start to move.

He quickly stops it from moving again and I manage to contain my laughter.

"I knew you'd like it. But I have a question." He has an unsure look on his face.

"Sure." I smile at him in confusion and he breathes in.

"Who are your real parents? I obviously know you're Kiris twin sister and Kiris parents aren't Jake and Neytiri. I didn't ask her who her real parents were though since I didn't get the chance to, and she doesn't like me." He struggles to keep eye contact and he anxiously waits for me to reply.

"It's very complicated. I'll try to explain." I turn myself so my legs are hanging from both sides of the branch, Ao'nung copies me.

"My mother was not real Na'vi, as you probably already guessed. She died before me and Kiri were born. Her dormant avatar became pregnant with me and Kiri, and it went from there." I pause for a while to make sure he's listening.

"Keep going." He quickly speaks, as if he wants to know more.

"I've never known my real father. It doesn't upset me much, but it effects Kiri a lot. Jake and Neytiri raised me and Kiri all our lives and I'm very grateful for that." I feel a lump in my throat form but I make sure I don't get more upset.

Ao'nung clearly notices that I'm getting upset. He slowly opens his arms out and he has an unsure look on his face.

I quickly accept his hug and I wrap my arms around him. I slowly start to break down and he rubs my back, "It's okay Rua, please don't cry. I didn't mean to upset you."

I pull away from his hug and wipe my eyes, "You didn't upset me, I j..just rarely talk about my real parents."

He pulls me in for another hug and this time it makes me feel better. I don't feel upset anymore, I feel comfort.

I pull away from the hug and me and Ao'nung stare at each other. A familiar feeling grows in my stomach and I see Ao'nung quickly glance at my lips.

My heartbeat gets faster and I feel my face heating up. I watch Ao'nung raise his hand, he places it on my chest.

He grabs my hand and puts it against his chest. His heart is beating as fast as mine. My body starts to move closer to his.

Our heartbeats get quicker by each second. Ao'nung places his other hand on my face and he slowly closes his eyes.

When our lips meet I close my eyes. I focus on how our lips feel together. After a minute of our lips being pressed together we both pull away from the kiss.

He lowers his hands and softly stares at me, I cover my face with my hands. He holds my hands and pulls them away from my face.

"Ao'nung.." I process what just happened over and over in my head. He starts to laugh uncontrollably and I hit his shoulder.

"Skxawng! Don't laugh I'm embarrassed." I hide a smirk and he leans in closer to me.

"Want another one?" He says teasingly. I lean away and furrow my eyebrows.

"You aren't gonna get one for a long time reef boy." I put two fingers against his forehead and push his head away.

He gently holds my waist and gives me a sad look, "Come on.."

I roll my eyes and cup his face with my hands. He leans in closer and closes his eyes. But just as our lips are inches apart, I put my fingers against his lips.

A confused look grows on his face and he opens his eyes. I start to laugh and mock him. I put my fingers to my lips and sarcastically start to fake make out with them.

"Skxawng forest girl!" He pulls my hand away from my lips and puts his fingers there instead.

I stare at him wide-eyed, he doesn't move his fingers one bit. I grab onto his wrist with both my hands and pull it down.

"Tomorrow, wait until tomorrow." I get up and I see a smile grow on Ao'nungs face.

He gets up and we both start to climb down the tree. I don't help Ao'nung this time since he seems like he can climb down himself.

We both reach the bottom and I call my Ikran. Aella lands in front of us and we both get on her.

"Rua, are we really just friends?"