1

I quickly walk towards Tuk and lean down near her. "I cannot, you cannot ask this." I hear Neytiri say, I look up at Lo'ak and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I cannot leave my people." Neytiris voice starts to break and I look up at Lo'ak and Kiri again.

"Leave?" Tuk shushes me when I spoke so I quickly go back to listening.

"He's hunting us. He's targeting our family." Jake stays calm and I hear Neytiri moving around.

"You cannot ask this!" Neytiri shouts, Tuk's ears go down and I place my hand on her shoulder.

"The children, everything they've ever known, the forest. This is our home!" She cries out. Kiri leans down next to me and comforts Tuk as well.

"He had our children, he had them under his knife." After Jake says that, Neytiri stops talking. She sighs and starts to walk around.

"My father gave me this bow, and he lay dying! He said 'protect the people.' You're Toruk Makto!" Her voice cracks even more.

I look down at Tuk who is still looking at Jake and Neytiri through a gap.

"This will protect the people!" Tuk jumps a little bit when Jake shouts, so do I.

"Quaritch has Spider! That kid knows everything! He's knows our whole operation. If the people harbour us, they will die." Jake slowly starts to go quieter as he speaks, trying not to make the argument worse.

"Do you understand?" He asks Neytiri. But she doesn't reply.

"Look I got nothing, I got no plan." He speaks in a quieter tone. Lo'ak is about to say something but Kiri shushes him.

"But I can protect this family, that I can do." Tuk wipes her eyes and sniffles a bit.

"Don't worry Tuk, we'll go speak to Mother in a bit. Just wait until she's more calm." I stroke her back and she nods her head.

"I know one thing. Wherever we go, this family is our fortress." After Jake says that, we hear Neytiri start to cry.

I stand up and pick up Tuk. "Let's go find Neteyam and tell him about this."

-

After Jake makes Tarsem the new Olo'eyktan, we walk down a path and we are surrounded by all of the people crying and wailing.

Neytiri holds Tuk who is crying into her shoulder. Neteyam has his head bowed down and Kiri is holding onto her shawl.

I hold my bag under my arm and I carry Lo'aks as well. Jake is holding his, Tuk's and Kiris bags and Neteyam is holding his and Neytiris bag.

I start to tear up knowing I've got to leave my mother, I look over at Kiri who already has tears rolling down her face.

I look away and see Tuk staring at me. She's stopped crying but her eyes are still watery. "It will be okay." I mouth to her.

She frowns a bit and nods at me, then she goes back to burying her face in Neytiris shoulder.

-

We eventually reach a cliff and Neytiri is the first to call her Ikran. I call mine and within seconds I can see her flying towards me.

"Good girl Aella." I stroke her neck and link my kuru with hers.

I get on her back and wait until everyone else is on their Ikrans. I look to my left and Kiri is already on her Ikran and she's whispering stuff into its ear.

"What are you saying?" My Ikran turns her head towards Kiri after I speak. Kiri looks over to me and sits up.

"I'm telling her we aren't coming back here for a while, that we are finding a new home." Kiri adjusts her shawl on her shoulders and looks away from me.

"Come on kids! Follow me. This is going to be a long trip so make sure you don't go of course or lose sight of me or anyone!" Jake flies up into the air and Aella follows.

Kiri stays next to me on my left and Lo'ak goes on my right. Neytiri is next to Neteyam and Jake is right at the front.

"I'm bored already." Lo'ak groans, I roll my eyes at him and look over at Kiri.

She's looking straight forward with a blank face. "Kiri?" She turns her head towards me.

"You okay?" I stare at her and she looks down, thinking of something to say.

"I think so." She fakes a small smile and my ears lower.

"I'm sure this new place we're going to will have loads of places to explore, so that'll keep you busy. I'll join you as well." I smile at her and her fake smile seems more like a real smile now.

She looks away and doesn't seem as upset anymore, hopefully that got her mind off leaving mother.

"Rua!" I look over to Lo'ak and he comes closer to me. "I heard we're going to where the reef people live! They're called something like.. the Metkayina!"

"So I'm guessing there's gonna be a lot of water and sand?!" By the end of this journey I'm definitely not going to be able to speak. All this shouting..

"Yeah definitely sis!" He laughs then turns to look straight forward.

I look forward as well and pat Aella's neck. "Let's hope we can stay." I say to myself.