Alice rescued Jasper from that lifestyle, her petite, dainty mind and body having comprehended that he was the one for her from very early on. Alice's story may have been the saddest and most compelling out of us all, with her restricted knowledge of her time as a human and the capability of reading the future, she is desired by all covens because of her unique abilities.

Alice would never leave us although and she has made that clear to us all, we being her 'family' in an adopted kind of way, it would be indescribably painful if her propinquity were to leave us.

The Volvo purrs as it races down the streets at such a speed it's exhilarating. The speed in which the car drives fills me with happiness, speed is second nature to me.

After hunting and drinking blood of course, although I often wish it wasn't, I often wish I was just a human with a simple life, who did not need to drink blood to survive.

Heavy rain begins to pour, a common thing in the town of Forks. The whole area seemingly covered in a blanket of green; trees and forest are seen all around the boundless area. Breathtaking views could be seen from all angles of our small town, depending on whether or not you found the outdoors refreshing of course.

As we turn another corner, the old brick walls of Forks High School comes into my view, the smell of blood fills the air and I begin to hear the minds of all the people in attendance, I struggle to block them out, not caring about their insignificant lives and inadequate problems.

Although I attempt with all my might to block out the thoughts, as we pull into a parking space in the worn down concrete of our school, a single thing that seems to be on the minds of many pierces into my skull: 'Isabella Swan'.

It is as though a saint had appeared on the school grounds, the delight and enthusiasm everyone felt because of the arrival of the chief of police-Charlies-daughter was unimaginable and somewhat absurd. Our little town was so uninteresting that even the littlest events sparked a flame in the gossip searching pupils.

Although the arrival of this girl seemed to be in the greatest interests of most humans around me, it fails to fascinate me. She's just human girl, like everyone else. Although she can't be very bright, considering she made the decision to move here.

'She's just some girl', I hear the sneer from Lauren's head as her thoughts stream out, loud and crystal clear as though she was screaming, and even though Lauren is a very impolite person, that I tend to have nothing to do with, this time I have no choice but to agree with her negative thoughts.

This new girl has been the talk of the school for months and Lauren has found herself in a predicament, the frustration of not being the center of attention enough to irritate her mind completely.

My sister Alice knocks me out of my daze as her eyes widen and she becomes frozen in place as if she had forgotten how to move. She is having another vision and I watch her thoughts carefully as the film of the apparent future begins to play out in her mind, my body freezes and I become a twin to Alice's non-moving figure which sits beside me.

All around there is crystal clear ice and snow, a powder white seeming to cover the entire world. A car drives past at an impossible speed. Looking closely, my vampire eyes being able to capture the smallest detail in even impossible speeds, I see my bronze hair and dark eyes in the driver's seat. I see myself, distress evident on my face as I mutter "I can't go back." Then the car is gone, never to be seen again and so am I.

"Edward," Alice speaks, a look of pain vivid on her face, unlike anything I have ever seen. My face fails to show any emotion as she asks the seldom question.