First Sight

Forks High school could be compared to a prison, the absolute horror of having to attend it's vile, tedious activities for long periods of time could be compared to torture. The boredom in the act of attendance at this depressing place was almost incomprehensible, but I suppose there could be worse.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I glance at my solid gold watch, the numbers '8:30' screech out at me from the glass coated covering, their meaning being non-existent in my infinite universe.

Although the concept of time is seemingly imaginary in my existence, I still have the common judgment to know that there is just enough time to talk to Esme before I will begin the repetitive journey to my school.

I begin to slowly make my way towards the kitchen, the elaborate set up of my family house acting as a distraction, our overly decorated kitchen is where Esme spends her mornings although no human food would be consumed, I arrive at the entrance when I hear an "Edward hurry up!", arise from the garage, which freezes me in my tracks.

Emmett, although he has been attending high school for nearly as long as I have, he somehow continues to enjoy it.

If the utter thrill in his voice didn't give away his joy then his thoughts would, a constant current of plan making, impatience and optimism, if only mine were the same. His jock-like temperament makes him upbeat and apparently invariably happy although it often intimidates those around him, if he weren't a vampire there wouldn't be a person alive who wouldn't want to befriend him.

Mind reading although, was something only I could do, so I guess most would just rely on the idea of his appearance and what it gave away. Being a vampire came with many powers and somehow I managed to obtain an amazing extra ability along with, that made the extra abilities of others of my kind look insignificant.

The repetitive nature of my High School could cause the mediocre human to want to tear their eyes out- and humans only attend for a petite period of time, whereas I have attended for the past eighty or so years. Every year we acquire the same knowledge over and over, by this point, I was presumably more informed on the subjects than the teachers themselves.

I grimace as I begin walking towards the garage. I suppose I'll just have to talk to Esme later, her thoughts affirm this as when I walk away I hear the soft 'Later Edward', which she had thought in the desire of me hearing.

I enter the enormous garage area and follow my brothers and sisters into one of our numerous cars.

I smirk as I climb into the passenger seat, realizing the chosen automobile was my bright silver Volvo, a car I adore with a passion, it's velocity and character never failing to make me feel like I really existed.

The ghostly pale faces of my vampire siblings look towards me and beam in welcome and I smile in return, Alice turns her attention back to the task at hand as she places the key in the slot and shifts the car into drive, although I'm positive she could do this with her eyes closed.

Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper sit collectively in the back seat of the car, and I catch the perfect appearance of Rosalie-Rose-as she rolls her golden eyes at Emmett's non-stop babble, she flicks her blonde hair and turns to look out the window. Emmett's solid figure turns his attention to Jasper and he nods along, pretending to be engrossed in the discussion.

Jasper finds High School the hardest, being the least experienced in our 'vegetarian' vampire life, he struggles the largest around human blood and often finds himself in distress around them.

Jasper is blonde haired and covered in bite scars, having had an immense part in the newborn vampire armies, he is lucky to be alive today, I turn away as to hinder my rude staring.