Chapter 3

King's Cross

(Amid a neat line of cars, the Anglia sits at a decidedlyodd angle, as if its driver were not the most skilledmotorist. The Weasleys, Y/n and Harry are pushing large trolleys they dashunder the large clock which reads two minutes to eleven)

Mrs. Weasley: Oh dear! The train'll be leavingany moment! All together now!

(Hurrying, they race to platforms nine and ten. Quickly,Percy, Fred and George stride briskly toward the stonebarrier that divides the platforms and disappear)

Mrs. Weasley: Go on, Ginny. You know what todo.

(Ginny, looking a bit nervous, rushes toward the barrier,closes her eyes, and sleds... out onto the other side. As she gazes at the hogwarts express, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley materialize at herside)

Mrs. Weasley: Come, Ginny. We'll get you aseat.

(Back on the other side, Ron glances at the clock)

Ron: We better hurry.

(Harry nods, leans into his trolley and -- CRASH! -- hitsthe barrier and bounces back into Ron, Y/n winces seeing that. A guard glowers)

Guard: What in blazes d'you two thinkyou're doing?

Y/n: I'm sorry. The trolley's must have lost control.

Harry: Why can't we get through?

Ron: I dunno. The gateway's sealeditself for some reason.

(As Ron presses his ear to the barrier, the clock chimes)

Harry: The train leaves at exactly eleveno'clock. We've missed it.

Y/n: We are screwed.

Ron: Can't hear a thing. Y/n, Harry. If we can't get through,maybe Mum and Dad can't get back.

Harry: Maybe we should go wait by thecar.

Ron: The car!

Y/n: Oh boy. Here we go again...

Parking Lot

Harry: This is mad. We can't drive toHogwarts.

Ron: Who says we're driving?

Y/n: Ron. You are not-

Ron: Look, who knows when Mum and Dadwill get back. And we've got toget to school, haven't we? Andeven underage wizards are allowedto use magic if it's an absoluteemergency. Least that's what Fredand George always say...

Harry: Something tells me we're going toregret this.

Y/n: Everything we usually do ends up with us regretting it.

(Ron taps his wand on the dash and the Anglia burbles tolife)

Harry: No offense, Ron, but are you sureyou know how to fly this.

Ron: No problem.

(Ron shifts. With a great jolt, the car lifts from theground)

Ron: There. See. Now I reckon all wehave to do is find the HogwartsExpress and follow it. Simple.

(Y/n and Harry nods, not entirely convinced. He peers out thewindow. Down below, two pedestrians stare in disbelief)

Y/n: Ron. I should tell you. MostMuggles aren't accustomed toseeing a flying car.

Ron: Right.

(Ron presses a tiny silver button on the dashboard andthey disappear. Down below, the baffled pedestriansblink)