Chapter Twenty two

Start from the beginning

"Otherwise -everything will be fine." He said in one breath. I looked at the Viking man he was taking his time.

"Thank you Doctor Drew." I said trying to ease the tension.

"You-you can go, We will follow your instructions." I said smiling at him, he hesitantly looked at Lachlan who didn't look back at him but only nodded. I could tell he couldn't be happier to leave. Now I was left alone with him I slightly calmed down seeing how much dedicated he was in doing everything better than the Doctor. He didn't even once make the mistake of hurting me.

I looked at him busy on my thigh, this might have been the perfect opportunity to ask him to join Annie's book club. I really didn't like the fact that I wasn't writing and it didn't help when I tried to pick up a book to refresh my mind. Annie made it sound like they had fun. I stopped myself from asking afraid of rejection. I actually felt like this would help me get back into my zone.

The idea of reading a certain book and exploring the lines and emotions in the book with people made me excited. I would completely be in another world and I would get to see how other people take different tropes and their different understandings of character development and more as the story unfolds.

"What's wrong?" Without even glancing at me, I found it very odd that he could tell that something was wrong.

"I have been meaning to tell- ask you something." I started off trying to swallow the words that wanted to escape. His hands somehow soothed me which was ironic considering they have truly shown me the true definition of pain.

"What was the first thing that came to your mind when you first saw me?" I found myself asking instead, I was afraid of rejection from him I really thought that joining the club would be a really big thing for me. I needed the help. And I knew once he said no there was no going back.

"Marino was right." he said without second thought I was very confused.

"It's not uncommon for men in my line of work to have families but I started being involved in this business at a very young age. I never envisioned my life outside of this work - that was until -you."

"Marino said -'nothing made sense with without her'. I remember telling him to stop watching films because they were getting into his head and asking him since when did he become a fucking poet. The first time he told me about S'nazo I truly didn't understand, now he reminds me of my words because now -I understand." His words, voice and eyes drew me in. All of a sudden my entire attention was on him. Instead of being flattered a deep fear was clawing it's way inside of me.

"W-who is Marino?"

"An old friend, you will meet them soon enough."

"I -You -but how do you know. -I mean to say -Uhm there are other women out there."

"I know."

"So why not them."

"Because they are not you. You were made for me. You belong to me." It's how easily the answers left his lips and the honesty that I could hear behind them that had my heart racing.

"I didn't know you were a romantic." I said uneasily chuckling trying to ease my emotions and my racing heart. He was still busy with my thigh and as much as I didn't want to admit it I was feeling a lot better.

"I'm not."

"How do you know I was made for you. We were complete strangers I could have been married -with children."

"That wouldn't have changed anything, I will admit I would have been displeased that you carried another man's child and you took sacred vows with someone else but it's nothing I could not fix." I felt my heart rate pick up- it had already been racing - now -it pounded against my chest, as I just went over what he had said and what he meant. Maybe I didn't heard him right.