Chapter One

Zayn woke up on the couch, groaning and whining because he had forgotten to turn the television off. He turned away from the TV and buried his face deeper into the couch, annoyed with the news that showing yet too lazy to get up and search for the remote to turn it off.

"This morning we found an abandoned car, no damage or people around, by Poplars Park road. The car is said to belong to Liam James Payne."

He opened his eyes and sat up quickly looking over at the TV. On the screen was Liam's car being shown at the side of the road, abandoned, all four doors opened but absolutely no damage to it. Zayn immediately looked around for his phone hoping they were mistaken and that it wasn't Liam's car. He finally found his phone under the pile of blankets and pillows and quickly dialed Liam's number.

"We're sorry but the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service" The operator's voice said instead of hearing the two rings Zayn usually heard before Liam's voice. He began tearing up badly and looked over at the TV as the news reporter kept giving information.

"The car was found at six this morning" Zayn looked at his phone for the time, it was nine in the morning now. "Liam James Payne, is a Senior at Tong High School, he is well known around town for being the captain of the football team, who helped bring three state championship to his school. Liam, age 18, hadn't talk to anyone the night prior to his disappearance. His parents would really appreciate if you have any information on Liam or where he could be to please give them a call at 01274 555016"

Hadn't talk to anyone the night prior to his disappearance.

Liam was with Zayn last night.

No they didn't talk on the phone because Liam would usually come over and they'd spend the night watching movies. Zayn stared at the screen as Liam's picture was shown along with his age, weight, height, and appearance details for anyone who was to see him. And of course, in huge bold letter right on top of his name was the word "Missing".

Zayn began crying hard, the news finally hitting him. Liam was missing and no one knew what had happened or where he was. There was a knock on the door, Zayn got up from the couch where he had been sitting for the past hour just crying his eyes out and made his way to the door. He opened it and saw a man he had never seen before, his first reaction was to panic but he didn't once he noticed the badge on his belt.

"Can I help you?" He sniffled looking at the man standing in front of him. "Are you Zayn? I'm detective Richards" He asked giving Zayn a sad look. Zayn nodded and let him into his house, and showed him over to the living room, Zayn took his place back on the couch as Detective Richards sat on the other couch.

"I know this might be hard for you, but I'm here to ask questions about Liam and if you might know anything" He looked at Zayn with a worried looked. Zayn nodded and adjusted himself on the couch. "First question, how are you?" Zayn almost laughed at the question, but once he noticed the actual concern in his eyes, he didn't.

"I'm shocked and confused and upset and sad." He nodded, then took out a small notepad and pen,

"Zayn, was Liam here last night?"

"Yes."

"Did you two argue?" He looked down at his notepad as he wrote, Zayn looked straight at the wall.

"No."

"Did he seem off to you? Like was he acting different."

"No." Zayn was keeping his answers short because he was trying to replay everything that had happened last night in his head.

"Zayn, can you tell me everything that happened last night? From the time Liam arrived here to the time he left?" He looked up from his notepad, Zayn nodded slowly. He began telling him everything that had happened.

"Babe!" Zayn heard Liam's voice. He smiled and walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn, it was six in the afternoon and it was time for their weekly movie night. Liam's idea.

"Hey, babe" He walked over and pecked his lips gently. Liam smiled and hugged Zayn careful not to drop the bowl from his hands. "Ready for our movie night?" He asked walking over to the living room, setting everything up for the movie. Zayn sat on the couch nodding and eating the popcorn.

"Which one are we watching this time?" Zayn asked trying to catch a glance at the movie Liam was putting into the DVD player. "The Call" He chuckled as he grabbed the remote sitting next to Zayn. he smiled, and rested my head on Liam's shoulder. They stayed that way the entire movie, they watched The Hunger Games after that one.

"Babe?" Zayn looked over at Liam who was looking at him. "I have to go now, I have something to do. Is that okay?"

"What? But you usually stay the night" Zayn frowned.

"I know but I have something important to do. I promise to be back in the morning and take you out to breakfast." Zayn sighed then nodded, not happy at the idea of Liam leaving but he wasn't going to argue over it. "You want to go with me?"

Zayn shook his head looking at the TV. "No, you go. I want to keep watching movies." He said putting more popcorn into his mouth.

"Alright, I love you" Liam sighed then kissed Zayn's cheek getting up from the couch. Zayn heard the door close seconds after he exited the living room, he looked over at the clock on the wall. 11:16 pm. He sighed and continued watching the movie.

"So you did argue?" Detective Richards asked.

"No, we didn't. He had to leave and I said it was fine." Zayn looked at him.

"Liam left around 11 last night then?" Zayn nodded. "Zayn, we will find him." Detective Richards said closing his notepad and standing up. "If you remember anything else, give me a call." He handed Zayn his card and showed himself out. Zayn heard the door close, as he turned back to the TV where Liam's picture was haunting him along with the word "Missing"

"Where are you Liam..?" He whispered to him as he began crying again.