Betrayal

General POV

After the incident, Selena returned back to the Vibora Clan. She was welcomed by her father who was very happy to see her.

But the overall state of the Vibora territory was unstable. A faction of Viborian nobles declared Selena unfit to inherit the throne.

They believed that her cousin was more fit to rule as he was a pureblood.

As she arrived, she was immediately summoned by the clan elders who wanted to confirm if she had really unlocked her siren half.

She prepared and went to meet them in the meeting room. As she entered she was greeted with disdainful looks.

"It seems you have learnt the truth of your origins." An elder said.

"Yes, I have." She said curtly.

"Then you must understand that we have doubts about if you would be able to lead this Clan efficiently." Another said

" Who then is suitable? Cordelia? Or do you have any other person in mind." Selena said humoring them.

"We have selected Prince Daemon, your cousin to be the next ruler of the Vibora Clan."

Selena burst into laughter. They selected a person who was worse  than her sister. A womanizer and an irresponsible sloth.

"Have you told the King?" She asked.

"We felt it wasn't necessary as his judgement is currently clouded." An elder said.

Soon an immense pressure was felt all over the room. One by one all the elders dropped to their knees gasping for breath.

Selena stood with glowing green eyes and elongated fangs. The elders were shocked. They never knew her Vibora side was this powerful.

"It seems like you have all forgotten your place. To override the King's decision and appoint your own leader, you all have some nerve."

A purple fluid dripped from her fangs and as it dropped to the floor, it emitted a poisonous gas that began melting their flesh.

Viboras were snake demons and their venom were very powerful. Selena's more than others as she was royalty.

The Elders screamed in agony and some of them tried to attack her but she smashed them to the ground using telekinesis.

"What is the meaning of this?" One shouted.

"I'm taking out the trash." She said with a sick smile.

"You can't do this, we are the elders." Another screeched.

"No, you are expendable and they are a thousand more experienced people dying to take your place.

She turned and the guards dragged them away.

And soon the rebellion began. Daemon and his faction led a coup against the Royal Family.

But the were crushed mercilessly by Burai and Selena. Daemon fled but was captured and publicly executed.

Completely subjugating the rebels took almost a year. Karlheinz sent some of his troops to aide her.

After a year, peace had finally returned to the Vibora territory and Selena was to be officially coronated as Crown Princess.

She decided to visit Eden to personally give Karlheinz the invitation.

She had not seen him for over a year and she missed him terribly.

She had heard during the rebellion that Beatrix had given birth to a baby boy, so she brought along presents for the little prince.

As she arrived at Eden she decided to see Beatrix first and was taken to the gardens to meet her.