The King's Arrival

General POV

In the throne room of a very magnificent castle, a lone figure sat on the throne. His presence alone commanded fear and awe. His figure was bewitching yet very domineering. This was Karlheinz, the Vampire King.

A figure seen as a god in the demon realm. To his subjects he was omnipotent and omniscient. All feared yet adored him.

A messenger walked into the throne room. "Speak." the King said.

"Your Majesty, Lady Cordelia invites you to her castle for tea." The court was in an uproar. "Who does she think she is to speak to the king in such a manner."

Karlheinz smiled, it was no secret that he was courting Cordelia. The naive lady truly thought that he had feelings for her. He only needed her for his plans, once she had outlived her usefulness, he would dispose of her.

"I accept." Karlheinz said.

The court officials were surprised."

'Just what was the king thinking?' But no one voiced their displeasure.

"Prepare a carriage, I think it's time to pay my lovely fiancee a visit."

Selena's POV

I was in the training grounds practicing my magic. Everyone in our family was blessed with magic even Cordelia, that was what made our family special.

Cordelia was not really interested in mastering her's but I was. My signature magic was ice magic though I had others ice was my favorite.

I had mastered so many spells and was pretty much overpowered but most of my magic was sealed as my father was paranoid that people might attack me.

"My lady." A voice called out.
I turned to see the head maid Clara.

"His Highness requests your presence in his study". I nodded and followed her there .

"Good morning father" I said.

"Good morning Lena." He said as he looked up from his paperwork.

I then sat and asked his reason for calling me. "I just received word that the Vampire King will be coming for tea at noon."

I was surprised but knew it had something to do with Cordelia. I smiled and said "I will begin preparations immediately "

"I'm counting on you". I stood up and left to get things ready.

Karlheinz arrived at exactly noon. My father went to greet him and usher him to the garden.

"It's been so long Damon."

( That is not really Cordelia's dad's name)

"It has Karl."

Then Cordelia walked in wearing a very provocative dress.

"Karl you came " she said in a seductive voice.

"Hello Cordelia." he said.

"You look beautiful."

"Aww thanks babe." She purred.

My father shifted uncomfortably and then asked

"Where is Selena?"

"Who knows." She said rudely.

Karl watched wondering who Selena was.

"Sorry I'm late." A voice said.

Karl turned to see a very beautiful lady walking towards them. He was enchanted by her beauty.

She curtsied "Greetings Your Majesty, I am Princess Selena."

"Likewise, I never knew Cordelia had a sister." He said.

"Selena doesn't go out much." Damon said.

"That's a shame I would really like to get to know you." He expected her to be flustered like all women are with him, but she only stared at him blankly.

'Interesting' he thought.

Meanwhile Cordelia was livid. Why was her Karl interested in that b*tch.'

"So what brings you here, Your Majesty" Damon said.

"Oh, nothing much, I just came to personally invite your family to our kingdom's anniversary."

"We accept" Damon said.

Cordelia smiled, she knew Karl would announce the engagement then.

"Excellent, I look forward to seeing you there ..."

Cordelia looked smugly at her sister.

"Selena." He finished.

Her smirk was instantly wiped off. Before she could say anything Karlheinz stood up and left, while Selena observed him quietly."

'Just what is your aim Karlheinz?'

To be Continued