The Engagement

General POV

A few weeks had passed after the ball and Selena had received countless invitations to numerous Ball and tea parties. She attended a few, to firmly establish her standing in society. Amongst the invitations were also love letters by numerous men trying to court her. Her father had burnt them all without allowing her to even take a glimpse at them.

After the excitement died down, Selena found herself bored and in need of excitement. She needed something to keep her occupied.

She thought of discussing it with her father, but figured that he would simply brush it off.

She decided to take a walk in the garden, to clear her mind so she could come up with something.

As she arrived at the garden, she saw a sight she wished she had never seen. In the middle of the garden, where all eyes could easily see them were Cordelia and Richter passionately making out.

Selena flushed red as she turned away in embarrassment. She silently sneaked away, hoping they hadn't seen her.

Selena's POV

What is wrong with those two, Cordelia especially, she's engaged, to the King no less and she's sleeping around with his brother. To think she'll be satisfied with her position as queen.

Well whatever it's none of my business anyway.

Time skip

Author's POV

As the days progressed, Selena had become stronger in harnessing her magic. So she decided to take a break.

As she was lounging in the tea room, a maid entered. " My lady, your father requests your presence in the lounge."

Selena recognized her as her father's personal maid, she was pretty high up the ranks amongst the servants.

"Of course, lead the way."

As they entered the lounge, Selena saw her father and a very handsome looking man discussing.

She greeted both as she sat down.

"Selena, this is Lord Louis, he's the King's cousin and his family and ours have an agreement to marry our children when they come of age.

"What? Please tell me your joking, father." Selena said.

"My dear, please try to understand, you don't have to accept right now, just give it a try.

"Alright father, please Lord Louis, let's talk more in the green house." Selena said.

"Alright, Lady Selena." He said.

Time skip

As they sat down in the green house, Lord Louis began, " Let me be clear to you Lady Selena, I have no intention of marrying you, I'm in love with Lady Camille and she is the one I will marry" he said haughtily.

He expected to see Selena sad or angry, but instead a beautiful laugh echoed.

"Do as you please, Lord Louis, I couldn't care less who you love, I'm only giving this a shot to please father, I don't want to marry you either."

Louis was surprised, a bitter feeling began to well up in his heart, but he just nodded and left.

Selena smirked at the naive man who was chasing a girl that was obsessed with the Vampire King. She stood up and walked away.

None of them noticed a bat familiar watching them, before flying away to it's master.

Hello guys, I'm sorry for not updating on time and when I did, it was short as hell, I'm not really feeling motivated to write this story as no one votes or comments. I'll try to continue but pls guys, trying voting or commenting 🙏🙏
It really helps. Bye for now.