30.

GIA POV

My head was pounding so bad. But my forehead was so sore. Opening my eyes I saw Bria. She was sitting down just looking at her fingers.  Shaking my head cause how in the world did I get here?.

Moving around and panicking a little from being here from a drug issue.  The machine was going crazy which was causing me to hyperventilate a little.

Bria jumped up "whoa Gia relax!".

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Something about someone found you out cold in your place so you're here. I don't know if you tried to off yourself but it didn't work" she said.

"I don't remember doing that. Actually I don't remember anything but I was cooking food that's all cause I was hungry" I said.

She shrugged "I don't know".

The doctor walked in "hello Gia how are you feeling?".

"Confused" I answered.

She smiled "yeah I figured that. That head injury you had was severe! Causing amnesia so you won't remember anything from the past eight months. Upsetting I know but there's nothing we can do about that. It's up to your brain to activate any type of memory".

"But how did I get this head injury?" I asked.

"Well the person who discovered you made it seem that you did this to yourself. Since in your records you have a history of mental illness. But luckily you didn't succumb to your doing" she said.

I'm still confused.

"Oh" I said.

"Yes but just rest and recover and we will send you home once we see you aren't a danger to yourself" she said.

I nodded.

Bria shook her head "Gia you have to stop trying to off yourself! It doesn't look good when it doesn't work".

Holding my head cause I was so confused. It was making my head hurt more.

"Who found me?" I asked.

"Your landlord" she answered.

Strange.

After a couple of days in the hospital recovering I was cleared to go home. Still completely confused. But I walked into my place and it was left the way I left it I guess.

Bria stood at the door frame "maybe if you cleaned this messy place up you wouldn't want to kill yourself".

Just eyeing her cause the comment wasn't necessary.

She shrugged and left.

Hearing the water from the beach I needed to just get my mind together. I still had a bandage on my stitch that closed up the wound on my forehead.

Sitting there just hearing the water crash to the shore I cried. Not because of any pain but because I was confused. Not knowing what happened and hearing what I was told.

My knees where at my chest as I just used my knees as a resting place. 

"Excuse me... this is private property. You can't be here" a man said. Glancing at him I nodded "sorry". Getting up I walked away. When did someone buy the beach?.

Last time I remembered it was a public beach. So many things I don't remember and it's scary. This is probably worse than when I was drugged. Slowly walking back home I just looked around. Nothing made sense. But like the doctor said there's not much I can do. Maybe a nap would help me.

//::

Years later...

"Come on Gia! We need jobs! The beach is a perfect place for it. We are near the water and how much work can a beach be?" Bria said.

"Why there?!" I whined. She stopped walking and glared at me. "What?!" I asked.

Gia's Beginning जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें