26.

GIA POV

Delano stood infront me as he showed me the beach and how it's coming along. This wasn't for me but I also love the water. The way the water crashes to the shore does something to me.

"Gia are you paying attention?" He asked.

"Huh? What? Yeah" I lied.

"You better listen up... you could be working here when I open up" he said.

"Yeah... no thanks! Can we go now?" I asked.

Delano thinks I'm stupid. The only reason I'm here is because of him catching me stripping. He doesn't feel like leaving me alone.

"You wouldn't work here if I offered you a job?" He asked.

"Nope! I'll be prancing around in a bathing suit all day... doesn't sound like a cool job" I said.

He smirked "not like I haven't seen you prance around in a bikini before". Playfully smacking his arm "smart ass".

"I'm just saying you can work here with me... and things work well this can be half yours. Then we can leave it for our future children" he said.

"Lord I think you definitely got too much sun today... talking in tongues" I joked.

He grabbed me to him "you don't think we will be together and raise a family?".

"Delano I'm sixteen. That thought hasn't crossed my mind just yet. And plus you seem like you want a trail of kids" I said.

He shrugged "maybe... also we need to stop by your old job so the owners knows you quit".

I didn't say anything. Just remembering how much money I've accumulated over the past couple of days says enough.

"Gia you won't be working there anymore" he warned.

"I heard you" I said.

//::

DELANO POV

Not that I want to tell Gia what to do and how to do it but stripping wasn't for her. She wasn't like any of those women who do that. I guess in my eyes Gia is way better than that.

She didn't respond when I told her to see whomever and let them know she quit.

"Umm did your friend ever find out who burned down the hotel?" She asked.

"Nope not yet. But his father is getting real close to finding out who did it. Let's just say when the court system gets involved they'll be in prison for a long time" I said.

She stayed quiet.

"You want to leave?" I asked.

She nodded. We walked off the beach and up the walk away towards the front of the parking lot. That's when we saw Bria walking towards us. Here we go, again!.

"So it's true?!" She asked.

Gia raised her brow "what?".

"That you're stripping now?" She asked.

I chimed in "she's not stripping anymore".

Bria giggled "wow Gia... I mean I knew you were a lost cause but working at that slutty hotel and now stripping... I guess I was right all along. And to think I was friends with you. Makes me look bad!".

"Bria the only thing that makes you look bad is when guys around town can describe your cooch from memory... so don't even try and blame me for that" Gia said.

Bria gasped and stormed off.

I smiled "wow didn't know you had that in you".

She smiled "she's annoying me now".

As we got back to my place... I was on the couch watching a movie. Gia joined me... "can we talk?".

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"Look I wanted to thank you for letting me stay here until my mental health was back to normal. But I think I'm okay to go back where I stay" she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Not going to lie but I like having her here with me.

She nodded "yeah I'm good. And also, here..." taking the envelope from her hand "that's the money you paid for my rent... I couldn't let you just spend that type of money on me".

"Gia, I don't know what to say... where did you get this much money from?" I asked.

"Duh, stripping! Hence why I don't want to quit doing it" she said.

"I thought we spoke about this..." I said.

"Yeah we did... but I never agreed to quit. You just told me to do so" she said.

Once she leaves she will do what she wants. What can I do to stop it is the question here.