14.

GIA POV

Opening my eyes I noticed I was in a bed with rails. I looked around for a bit so my vision can focus. That's when I realized I'm in the hospital. My throat was killing me.

Bria jumped up "oh thank you're awake".

Clearing my throat that was sore "what... happened?".

She shrugged "apparently you ate something and had an allergic reaction".

Blinking a few times cause my memory was blurry. I was also trying to see why I couldn't open my eyes fully.

"Yeah you're face is swollen from what happened" Bria said.

Wonderful.

The doctor came in "oh she's awake! Great. How are you feeling?".

"Like shit" I answered.

She smiled "that's a good thing. Now Gia we took some blood work... she was cut off by Bria's phone going off. She smiled "ill leave you two alone".

The doctor turned to me "anyway... like I was saying we took some blood and I'll try to say this nicely. Someone tried to drug you. Are you aware of this?".

Shaking my head "no".

She gave me a small smile "you're friend saved your life. Your body didn't handle the drug very well. Almost killed you".

Bria walked back in "sorry".

"I was just telling Gia about my findings how someone drugged her" the doctor said.

Bria gasped "what?!".

The doctor nodded "sad".

"Wow! That's crazy" Bria said.

After an hour Bria had left and I was in the room alone. Million of thoughts were going through my head. I didn't want to look at myself knowing my face was bloated.

Playing with my nails I just sat there helpless as ever.

"Gia?" A voice asked.

Trying to see who it was but due to my eyes not being open fully that was hard...

"What are you doing in here? Are you okay? Something wrong?" The voice asked.

Once he stepped closer I saw it was Delano. A small smile appeared on my face "hey... just had a very bad reaction to something".

"Oh, but you're okay?" He asked.

I nodded.

"My sister is here she had her gall bladder removed" he said.

"Ouch sounds painful" I said.

He kept staring at me which made me extremely uncomfortable "can you not look at me especially with my face looking like this?".

"I don't see a problem" he smiled.

Shaking my head "you wouldn't".

"How's the car?" He asked.

"It's still running so I don't have to kill your cousin" I joked.

He chuckled.

"Oh I'm sorry about the hotel. Who would do that? Crazy people out there" he said.

"Who did what?" I asked.

"The fire chief said someone set the hotel on fire" he said.

I gasped "what?!" My mind went to Angie. How scary it was for her to not feel nothing or notice anything.

Delano was there for a good hour before going to go see his sister. It was nice to just have someone to talk to.

//

Bria came back later on and stayed with me. The doctor said I could go home tomorrow. My face will take some time to go down. I'll just have to hide in my place until then.

"Gia, what happened... is to never be spoken about ever again" Bria said.

"And who would I tell?" I asked.

She blinked at me "you won't speak of this ever again".

"Why not? Maybe get whomever arrested for almost killing me" I said.

She got in my face "your life isn't as precious and worthy as those others. So don't act like you're so special. Now... like I said we won't speak of this ever again. Also my dad agreed to pay your rent for that disgusting place you call home until we find jobs. Then after you leave tomorrow we are going on a little getaway for two weeks so we can get your mind right... and you can forget about this incident".

Staring at her... her eyes were black. There was nothing there. All I could do is nod.

She stood back and smiled "can't wait we both need a vacation!

This means... I'll be alone most of the time while she hooks up with the help. Fun times!