9.

GIA POV

Working at this hotel was a little entertaining. I've gotten to see the regulars who are always here. Bria refuses to come here or be seen over here. It's beneath her.

Eating my fig bar and looking at these two sex workers who are here a lot.

One woman is tall and pale with brown long hair. She's so skinny though. Not in a healthy way either. The other is a woman like myself. She was the loudest one out the two. And seemed to know what she wanted and how to get it.

"Hey you! What are you looking at?!" The same woman yelled. I tried to hide myself but she raced up to where I was.

Shit.

Trying to get up and run but my clumsy ass fell as I should.

She approached me "what's your problem?".

"Nothing" I said.

She eyed me closely "I haven't seen you here before".

"I work here" I said so quietly.

"You're too young to be working. What are you like fourteen or something?" She asked.

"Close... but I'm sixteen!" I answered.

She extended out her hand "Im Angie". Now I flinched a slight bit out of trauma. Angie noticed and side eyed me. "Im Gia" I said.

"Cute name, now what is a girl like you doing here alone?" She asked.

"Life" I answered.

She nodded "yeah life has me here too".

The other woman yelled "do you need me to come up there?".

"Nah she's good" Angie yelled back.

We were all in Angie's room. It smelt like cigarettes and dick. And when I say dick that's an understatement.  Her and her friend were getting ready for the hour.

I just watched while playing with some makeup.

Angie turned to me "so you live here?".

I nodded "yeah since I work here might as well".

"Well if you ever need more money. You have a nice body. Stripping is something to consider" she said.

Me a stripper?... no.

"I don't think so" I said.

She shrugged "just saying".

They were nice people even though they were sex workers. Much nicer than Bria.

//

Bria the next day called me letting me know there was a party on the beach she wanted to go to. Since men will be there. I can care less for men. But she got me to go.

"It's a Halloween themed party?" I asked.

She nodded "yeah, why?".

"It's May... and they're having a Halloween party. Strange" I said.

She shrugged "adults are weird".

But she dressed up as a sexy maid... make up and all. Bria is a pretty girl. Any guy would be lucky to have her. And she knew this.

"I don't have a costume" I said.

She threw me a masquerade mask "where that".

"Wow you'll never know who I am" I joked.

We arrived and the tiki torches were lighting up this party. Seemed a little grown up party. You saw the crowd just mingling amongst each other. How in the hell did Bria get invited here?.

"Come on Gia" she rushed.

Walking along the sand and looking around the music wasn't too loud but you still heard it. There was a long table with food choices. Since I was hungry that's where I went first and got me a plate. Taking a seat on a small rock and eating while just looking out at the darkness of the water.

I'm not even sure where Bria disappeared to. But she will find me when she needs me.

Feeling sand dust hit my plate "hey watch it!". It was him again and with another guy.

"Oh snap I didn't see you there" his friend said.

But he looked at me and realized "we have to stop meeting like this miss girl from the beach whom I have no clue what your name is but every time I try and ask I get interrupted".

I laughed "stupid".

"You should smile more. You have a beautiful smile" he said.

His friend grabbed his shoulders "leave the young girls alone".

"I know her. At least I know of her" he said.

The friend glanced at me and back at him "that's hard to believe".

He mouthed "ignore him".

I smiled.

"Since we will probably get interrupted if you ask my name. What's yours? And I'm ..." that's when Bria came over and interrupted me "look we have brothers and this one is for you. Come on let's go". She helped me up.

I shrugged looking back at him. He gave me a smile.