11.

GIA POV

"Don't I look amazing?" Bria twirled in-front of her mirror smiling from ear to ear. Bria was going to the school dance and of course she had plenty of male options. "Gia you should be coming with me!".

Shaking my head "nope you go and have fun".

Her step mother walked into her room smiling as well "look at my pretty beautiful special girl! You look so beautiful".

Bria smiled "I know".

Her step mother turned to me and rolled her eyes "Gia how come you're not going?".

I shrugged "don't want to".

She chuckled "or is it because you can't afford something on your own like a dress to go?".

"Mom?!" Bria said.

"It's the truth. Why are we sugar coating for her. She knows she's poor" the woman said.

I sighed "look why don't I just go. Bria you look amazing! Have fun".

Letting myself out of Bria's house I just started to walk to where ever I was going. Now the hotel and Bria's house wasn't as far as you think.

"Hey Gia" Angie said.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Where are you coming from? Walking and all. You don't need anymore exercise!" She joked.

"Oh my friend from school is doing to the dance so I wanted to send her off" I said.

"Don't tell me it's that twit you call a friend... and why aren't you going?" She asked.

"Can't afford to go. But it's fine. Obviously my cards were dealt differently than my friends deck" I said.

Angie pulled me to her "it just makes you a lot stronger and tough".

"I guess you're right" I said.

Hearing a horn honk continuously. Angie looked at the car "oh snap it's cutie from the other night".

Looking at the car I see it's Delano "Gia I have some good news!".

"What?" I asked. Angie walked away leaving Delano and I alone.

"Well my cousin said because he's heard so highly of you he's willing to donate a car to you. He wants you to come to the lot and pick one out" he said.

Not believing him "you're kidding? Ha ha not funny".

"No I'm serious!" He said.

For once something goes my way. I couldn't thank Delano enough "really?! Wow thanks".

"As long as I helped and you're happy then I'm happy" he smiled.

//

A month later...

My court date is slowly approaching. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I'm a wreck! What if I'm found guilty and I have to sit in prison for three months?!.

Walking is something I did lot of. It somewhat makes me think more clearly.

Seeing an apartment building but the first floor is empty. Hmm?. Figure why not give this a shot.

Knocking on the door an elderly man answered "yes?".

I put on a big smile "sorry to bother but I see the first floor is empty is it for rent?".

He nodded "are you interested?".

"More than you even realize. How much is the rent?" I asked.

"It's a studio so it's going thirteen hundred" he said.

"That's fine with me!" I smiled.

He eyed me "you look a little young".

"I'm eighteen" I lied.

He smiled "okay if you want it it's yours. I just need a first months rent".

I nodded "not a problem. I'll be back". And sure enough I had my new place. It was a studio but it worked out. Plus the bedroom was separate from the kitchen which is a odd lay out for a studio but at this point I can care less.

//

Bria heard about the new place and had to come over.

"Gia this is it?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I mean... it's small and dusty" she said.

"Well it works for me" I smiled.

"I guess so... anyway so what will you do with the hotel job?" She asked.

"Rent is due every month so I still work there to pay this rent" I said.

"Too bad you couldn't be like me. My dad said he would pay for my rent whenever I chose to move out" she said.

"Like I said we all can't be as lucky as you" I rolled my eyes.

"You've always been jealous of me Gia. Just admit it" she smiled.

Thank god for realizing I had to start my way to work. I need to start building some type of bed and table for this place but it's fine. Maybe an air mattress for now.