fifteen | partners in crime

Start from the beginning

The Doctor asked him, "But with no burglar?"

With a shake of his head, Mr. Roger said, "Nothing. I've given up looking."

With a mere raise of his head, the Doctor asked him, "Tell me, Roger, have you got a cat flap?"

* * *

While Annabelle's veins came onto display as she listened to Mr. Roger's heartbeat, the Doctor and Mr. Roger were practically lying on the floor and in front of the cat door and staring into it as Mr. Roger said, "It was here when I bought the house. I never bothered with it really. I'm not a cat person."

The Doctor replied, "No, we've met cat people. You're nothing like them."

Mr. Roger asked him, "Is that what it is, though, cats getting inside the house?"

The Doctor told him, "Well, thing about cat flaps is they don't just let things in, they let things out as well."

With a nod of his head, Mr. Roger asked him, "Like what?"

As he continued to stare out of the cat door, the Doctor said, "'The fat just walks away'."

* * *

While Annabelle and the Doctor stepped out of the house, the Doctor said to Mr. Roger, "Well, thanks for your help." As he shook Mr. Roger's hand, he said, "Tell you what, maybe you could lay off the pills for a week or so."

Then– after hearing the sound of beeping that was coming from his device– the Doctor yelled, "We've gotta go! Sorry!" As he started to run away from Mr. Roger's home, he yelled, "Come on, Annabelle! Time is of the essence!"

In response to the Doctor's words, Annabelle only blinked at him before she simply walked after him with that very same blank look on her face.

* * *

As she was being forcibly led into Miss Foster's office, Penny said, "This is ridiculous."

The moment that the door to Miss Foster's office had been opened, the Doctor quickly ducked down on the other side of the window and pulled Annabelle down with him.

And as a result of her being grabbed by the Doctor and dragged down onto the floor, Annabelle winced to herself before she ripped his hand off of her arm and moved back from him.

And while Annabelle warily eyed his hands as he pulled a stethoscope out of his suit, he quietly said to her, "Annabelle, I'm sorry, okay? But I couldn't risk you being caught by them and then– in turn– getting me caught by them." When she simply stared at him and her veins started to come onto display, he let out a sigh before said to her in a whisper, "Hey, Annabelle, I promise you that I am nothing like the Master, okay? I am not going to get into your head without your permission, nor will I force my way into your head just to hurt you. That's not the type of person that I am, alright? And if I do, then you have my full permission to slap me, okay?"

In response to his words, Annabelle slowly nodded her head, shortly before she heard Miss Foster say, "Sit there."

Then she heard Penny say, "I'm phoning my editor."

In turn, Miss Foster said to her, "I said, sit."

While the Doctor pressed a part of the stethoscope against the wall of the room that they were hiding outside of, Penny was heard saying, "You can't tie me up. What sort of a country do you think this is?"

Miss Foster replied, "Oh, it's a beautifully fat country. And believe me, I've traveled a long way to find obesity on this scale."

Then Penny asked her, "So, come on then, Miss Foster, those pills, what are they?"