A few days later

It's been a few days since I woke up as swap Gaster, I've been thinking about nicknames for all three of us to go by if we ever meet another version of ourselves but so far nothing really came into mind as of yet that I think would be good for the two and ok for myself.

So I just shrugged it off, it will probably be a good long while before we ever meet another version of ourselves so I got time to come up with nicknames anyways.

So it's fine, I guess. I've been practicing with smiling, so far I've just had trouble with keeping the smile on for more then ten seconds, mostly because I'm trying to perfect a fake smile, it's not like I have a lot of things that even interest me or make me laugh, so I have no reason to smile naturally, except for my kids, but it's hard to smile for so long.

I rub at my cheeks, sighing a little bit while humming gently as I was feeding the twins.

My leg moving back and forth without realizing it, I ended up blinking a few times and making my leg stop moving, I just sometimes need to move, and sometimes I don't realize I'm moving my leg or something.

I gently shook my head, ok focus on feeding my kids, they are almost done eating after all.

When they finished, I gently Maneuver them so I could gently pat their backs until they Burp.

I let out another hum as I moved them again to rest in my arms carefully, staring down at them with a passive look and a fake smile on.

"Are you two going to be sleepy or hyper after eating?" I asked out loud, seeing papyrus moving a bit while sans looked sleepy.

"Both it is." I said, my smile widen a bit.

I hope I don't look creepy trying to keep a smile on, just in case I'll check in the mirror.

Sans ended up falling asleep while papyrus wanted to move around a bit.

I carefully set sans down in a make shift bed on the couch before moving papyrus so he can move his arms and legs more.

The moment papyrus wasn't paying attention was the moment my smile dropped, why does it have to be so hard to smile?

I rub my face a bit before putting back a smile as I carefully picked up papyrus and nuzzled him a little bit.

"Paps your going to grow big and strong one day, so will sans, hopefully I can make sure he grows to be big as I've seen you have in those other timelines..." I mumbled to myself, and it's true, sans is smaller then papyrus in just about every au that I've seen or know.

I'll see if that's due to lack of food or whatnot.

I started humming a small lullaby tone, trying to get papyrus to take a nap, it was around the time for the two to nap anyways.

I rocked him gently in my arms, being very careful, my mouth opening.

"Days seem sometimes as if they never end...

Sun digs it's heels to taunt you...But after sunlit days  one thing stays the same, rises the moon...

Days fade into a watercolor blur...memories swim and haunt you..

But look into the lake, shimmering like smoke, rises the moon...ohhhhh-ohhhh close your weary eyes.. I promise you that soon, the autumn comes to darken fading summer skies..."

I continued to hum a bit more after that, papyrus slowly fell asleep while listening.

I felt my smile drop a few seconds after it widens a little slowly, what is this feeling? It was..a..I don't know..I can't even describe it let alone know what it was.

Was I even feeling anything? I can't identify if I even am, because I don't know how it would even feel.

Emotions are confusing, I decided with a hum.

After putting the two in their cribs, I started practicing to see what I can do with my magic.

Humming a little bit while staring as I drew some magic into my finger tips, I drew a circle in the air, putting some magic into it to see if I can do anything with it.

My head titled, putting a little bit more magic in it, imaging something and watch the imagination slowly form a bit from the small magic circle I made, a small smile popped onto my face, I nodded.

I think I'm satisfied, maybe I should practice more and see what else I can do with my magic before showing my kids.

And maybe teach them when they are old enough to be taught to use magic.

Seven is a good number to start..right? I didn't want to do it any younger in case that was too young..I should probably look through some books before I decide.

I decided, slowly drawing my magic back to the core I managed to sense when trying to meditate to see if it would help me at the start.

It did, if only because the core of my magic felt weird to me. I hope I do understand the books I read, sure I was still a reader even in my last life, but something's were just too confusing and I could only handle fiction books, not non fiction books, I've tried to read those but I lost interest after a few pages and I get too confused when trying to read it.

At least with fiction books, I'm not as confused and I smile more when reading when it's funny or I find it funny.

There was a good reason why I hated math and science, they used confusing words and I always had to get extra help or make extra notes to help me and even then I could forgot how to do it and get confused by my own notes until I stare at it for so long that it finally clicks in my mind sometimes.

Other times I still needed help to figure out what my notes were trying to tell me, it's why it had to be very detailed, maybe a few words here and there to help me out in my own way.

Math and science was way too confusing, and I didn't like it but at least I could go in the morning to get help or even finish any homework before the class was over so I didn't have to worry about it.

That was back when I was still in school, I just hope I can do alright with my new job..even though it's...a ferry...person thing...well all I have to do is bring people to place to place on the weird underground lake.

At least I don't have to do anything else, but how does that pay well? How many prefer that over walking?

But then again if I Remember the game undertale right, it was a little annoying and felt a little long when going through waterfall and..the hotland a little bit...

Actually I guess I can understand why sometimes so many would prefer to just get there another way then walking.

It was probably an inconvenience for them to walk.

I thought to myself, humming a little bit now.

I relaxed against the couch for a few minutes before getting up and pausing, I'm lucky I can make a sandwich, which is what I've been eating the past few days, I'm so lucky I found a cookbook or two in the kitchen, because otherwise I would never remember how to make anything.

I just need to follow the list of what I need to do and then it's done.

I let out a small sigh..oh dear, let's just hope I'm an ok cook..

____*____*______*___*______*______*
Finished with 1322 words. Hope you like and comment what you think.

Also I did finish this and chapter one on the same day so it's getting posted to.

Ja ne~!

Posted February 27, 2023 for this chapter and the first

X